The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Rented and played thru Dead Space 2 this past weekend. I liked the first few hours because they immediately started throwing you into the Unitology stuff, hoping that I would get some questions answered rather quickly. Instead that story thread just flew out the window and it become a series of "Isaac you have to turn this on, Isaac you have to go fix this." It got a little boring in the middle, and then near the end they make the same mistake that they make in the God of War games. They just start sending out a fucking parade of all enemy types in obvious killing room areas. Since I just wanted to see the story end, I switch the difficulty from Hardcore to Casual from late Chapter 11 onwards and just ran thru to the end. The other mistake with the game is that they imply Isaac Clarke is "special" in the whole context of the story. I would of like it if he was just caught up in this entire event kind of like a John McClane in the Die Hard movies.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

I'm finally taking a vacation so I'm gonna stop smoking tomorrow and clean out my system. I was in Best Buy just now, was taking MvC3 up to the registers to buy it, and then thought, "If I play this online, the adrenaline will start and I'll smoke." So I put it back and bought Kirby's Epic Yarn instead. :scared: I figure this is one time where not being able to die will be a good thing cuz it makes the game so mellow.

Started playing Donkey Kong and it's got this real great vibe to it and I'm digging what I played. Sadly, I probably won't finish it because the waggle = :poop:

Bothered me quite a bit at first too, once you distinguish what's needed to roll vs ground pound it won't be a huge issue.

Game gets tough around world 4, diabolical around world 7. The "K" stages in each world (unlocked by getting KONG in every respective stage) are fucking hard from the start.

re: umbrella chronicles Much better than darKside chronicles(camera shake was ridiculous and head shots were random like an rpg) but it's not in 16:9.;( Only 3 levels in so i cant really go into detail about the game. muramassa(spelling) demon blade Like RE: UC i haven't played much. The artsyle is gorgeous and the combat reminds me of Dishwasher Dead Samurai. Japanese language track with english subs is a nice touch. coming up kz3 goldeneye house of the dead overkill

^fun game but man it can get ridiculously hard

anyway my copy of forgotten sands arrived today. 2 hours in and im really enjoying it. The combat is mashy but the platforming and environmental puzzles are ace.

i will have to check it out.

Started playing Nier. I don't know what to say just yet, only played for a couple of hours. However, I have not played many of these types of japanese rpgs and I was fairly forgiving of FF13, so I will probably have a better experience than most. Game has very good music, I must say. the opening voiceover was very, VERY good. Its actually some of the most realistic expletives voiced in a video game, without sounding stupid and contrived like a Rockstar game.

anyway my copy of forgotten sands arrived today. 2 hours in and im really enjoying it. The combat is mashy but the platforming and environmental puzzles are ace.

360 version is still on sale for $10 on amazon :happysad:

Started playing Nier.

I don't know what to say just yet, only played for a couple of hours. However, I have not played many of these types of japanese rpgs and I was fairly forgiving of FF13, so I will probably have a better experience than most.

Game has very good music, I must say. the opening voiceover was very, VERY good. Its actually some of the most realistic expletives voiced in a video game, without sounding stupid and contrived like a Rockstar game.

Everyone that has played neir always brings up the soundtrack. Is it really that good?

Started playing Nier.

I don't know what to say just yet, only played for a couple of hours. However, I have not played many of these types of japanese rpgs and I was fairly forgiving of FF13, so I will probably have a better experience than most.

Game has very good music, I must say. the opening voiceover was very, VERY good. Its actually some of the most realistic expletives voiced in a video game, without sounding stupid and contrived like a Rockstar game.

Everyone that has played neir always brings up the soundtrack. Is it really that good?

yes. i think nier is decent but the soundtrack honestly deserved a better game, its really good.

360 version is still on sale for $10 on amazon :happysad:

fuck..gonna buy

Started playing Nier.

Everyone that has played neir always brings up the soundtrack. Is it really that good? Its sounds like background music from JRPGs from the SNES days, except that they are performed by either a.) a very classy group of classical guitars and brass instruments, or b.) male orchestra that has an echo because it specifically takes place in a large shrine so it has a good effect.

The music for the large overworld portions seem to used synthesized music, but its a good tune either way. Short 1 to 2 minute tunes that loop over, they do a pretty good job of not sounding annoying.