The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

Posted Images

I was gonna drop Vesperia after 17 hours but now I can explore with the ship, the game finally opened up a bit, it renewed my interest. And the combat system is progressively getting more satisfying as you unlock more skill from the weapons but its still just a decent JRPG, the game is quite overrated imo so far. Wish I was playing FF7 Remake instead.

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

I was gonna drop Vesperia after 17 hours but now I can explore with the ship, the game finally opened up a bit, it renewed my interest. And the combat system is progressively getting more satisfying as you unlock more skill from the weapons but its still just a decent JRPG, the game is quite overrated imo so far. Wish I was playing FF7 Remake instead.

Dude the game is 12 years old now. There have been countless tales games and action rpgs in general since then, so obviously it’s not going to light the world on fire anymore. But as an early 360 game it was pretty fantastic.

27 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Dude the game is 12 years old now. There have been countless tales games and action rpgs in general since then, so obviously it’s not going to light the world on fire anymore. But as an early 360 game it was pretty fantastic.

Not really, they are plenty of better JRPGs that came out before. Im aware of the time it was released and understand Im playing an oldie but I would think the same then, probably. 

Its not a bad game, just overrated.

• Ben 1
47 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Not really, they are plenty of better JRPGs that came out before. Im aware of the time it was released and understand Im playing an oldie but I would think the same then, probably. 

it's a bad game, it doesn't get better. I'm surprised you even got that far. :ben:   

2 hours ago, Ramza said:

action rpgs are more common than turn based ones nowadays. Games like Tales won't hold up as well as something like FFX (just a random example). I was very much impressed with the game during its release, but the last few Tales have completely failed to hold my interest because they are just rehashing the same ideas and mechanics.

2 hours ago, Ramza said:

lol I dont think its bad. Its solid.

It's really bad. when I said focus on Repede I meant it cause it's the only good thing in this game. It gets some atmosphere bonus from me when they reached the invaded city but that's about it.

It's absolute garbo otherwise lmfao :mj: 

Edited by kaz
3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

action rpgs are more common than turn based ones nowadays. Games like Tales won't hold up as well as something like FFX (just a random example). I was very much impressed with the game during its release, but the last few Tales have completely failed to hold my interest because they are just rehashing the same ideas and mechanics.

The next Tales of game will be a breath of fresh air for the series from what I can tell.

2 hours ago, kaz said:

It's really bad. when I said focus on Repede I meant it cause it's the only good thing in this game. It gets some atmosphere bonus from me when they reached the invaded city but that's about it.

It's absolute garbo otherwise lmfao :mj: 

Huh, no. I have played far worse JRPGs.

• Sad 1

I don't think Vesperia is overrated at all. It's claimed to be the best Tales game, which I agree with. It's also claimed to be the best JRPG from last gen which isn't that bold of a claim when you look at the JRPGs that released last gen. Vesperia pretty much wins by default. You could make a case for Lost Odyssey but other than that game, what other good JRPG was there last gen?

Edited by Sabo
8 minutes ago, Sabo said:

I don't think Vesperia is overrated at all. It's claimed to be the best Tales game, which I agree with. It's also claimed to be the best JRPG from last gen which isn't that bold of a claim when you look at the JRPGs that released last gen. Vesperia pretty much wins by default. You could make a case for Lost Odyssey but other than that game, what other good JRPG was there last gen?

Persona 4 Golden :aitch:

vesperia and lost odyssey were disappointing. mediocre at best, hell even the psp tales of was better than this garbo. and then people say they played worse JRPGs than that, makes me wonder..... 

6 minutes ago, kaz said:

vesperia and lost odyssey were disappointing. mediocre at best, hell even the psp tales of was better than this garbo. and then people say they played worse JRPGs than that, makes me wonder..... 

... That the problem might actually be you. 

There. Solved the riddle for you.

2 minutes ago, Sabo said:

... That the problem might actually be you. 

There. Solved the riddle for you.

there is no problem in the first place. i was stating my opinion. I just wonder what games are worse than vesperia, that cast was so bad except for the wolf :dreamy:

it's the same with star ocean 4 for me for example. hated everyone except for this annoying little cat girl :D