The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

2 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Was Star Ocean 4 the one that was on two discs for the 360? Because all I remember from that particular game was the constant disc swapping in the end game. Holy fuck was that annoying...

I think it was like 3 discs actually :D And I remember one of them being made up almost entirely of CG cutscenes.

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Sabo said:

Was Star Ocean 4 the one that was on two discs for the 360? Because all I remember from that particular game was the constant disc swapping in the end game. Holy fuck was that annoying...

yea it was, it actually had 3 dvds. but i played it on ps3 later. 

10 hours ago, Sabo said:

I don't think Vesperia is overrated at all. It's claimed to be the best Tales game, which I agree with. It's also claimed to be the best JRPG from last gen which isn't that bold of a claim when you look at the JRPGs that released last gen. Vesperia pretty much wins by default. You could make a case for Lost Odyssey but other than that game, what other good JRPG was there last gen?

Valkyria Chronicles, Demon's Souls, Resonance of Fate, even NieR was far better. 

Vesperia was on the level of Ni No Kuni or Lost Odyssey. Overrated flops.

36 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Valkyria Chronicles, Demon's Souls, Resonance of Fate, even NieR was far better. 

If we're considering Souls games to be traditional JRPGs now then DeS, DS and DS2 are the three best JRPGs of last gen.

Vesperia and LO are both way better than Ni No Kuni though. 

Ni No Kuni is the in the same trash tier as Eternal Sonata. 

Also Symphonia > Vesperia. 

13 hours ago, Pat McCrotch said:

Just got a closed beta key for VALORANT. God damn this game is godly. If any of you guys are a fan of CS1.6 you'll feel right at home. :dwill:

Except Ranik, damn hacker. :smugcena:

I'm digging it man. Some of the skills definitely need some tuning but god damn the gunplay is great. Like you said, 1.6. The AWP feels perfect. 

On 2020-04-13 at 9:02 AM, Ramza said:

Valkyria Chronicles is more of a SRPG.

Demon Souls is an Action RPG.

Resonance of Fate... Hmm... Yeah, I guess it could be considered a JRPG. I wouldn't call it a good one though. Lots of good ideas, sure, but the difficulty was all the over the place and the level design can get atrocious. Most people I know who played it didn't even finish it. Hell, I quit playing the game around Chapter 7. 

Nier Gestalt? Cool characters, interesting story, amazing OST but absolutely terrible everything else. You wanna talk overrated then here's your winner IMO.

Edited by Sabo
17 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Valkyria Chronicles is more of a SRPG.

Demon Souls is an Action RPG.

Resonance of Fate... Hmm... Yeah, I guess it could be considered a JRPG. I wouldn't call it a good one though. Lots of good ideas, sure, but the difficulty was all the over the place and the level design can get atrocious. Most people I know who played it didn't even finish it. Hell, I quit playing the game around Chapter 7. 

Nier Gestalt? Cool characters, interesting story, amazing OST but absolutely terrible everything else. You wanna talk overrated then here's your winner IMO.

You asked for better JRPGs, I mentioned some.

All better games than Tales of Slow Paceria. I deleted the game last-night, fuck that shit.

Just now, Ramza said:

You asked for better JRPGs, I mentioned some.

All better games than Tales of Slow Paceria. I deleted the game last-night, fuck that shit.

Most of those games you listed aren't JRPGs though so no, you didn't name better games. Only one of them really qualifies and I think Vesperia is better than Resonance of Fate. Easily.

And wow, what a surprise..  You have now resorted to saying you quit playing (insert game here) and proceed to state the reason (usually the reason is "it's trash" or "shit") in some failed effort to prop up your paper thin argument as if you're right about (insert game here).

Why do I waste my time with some of you...

3 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Most of those games you listed aren't JRPGs though so no, you didn't name better games. Only one of them really qualifies and I think Vesperia is better than Resonance of Fate. Easily.

And wow, what a surprise..  You have now resorted to saying you quit playing (insert game here) and proceed to state the reason (usually the reason is "it's trash" or "shit") in some failed effort to prop up your paper thin argument as if you're right about (insert game here).

Why do I waste my time with some of you...

They are all JRPGs, if you wanted to compare only traditional JRPG then you should have said so in the first place. Winning first place by default because there's no competition doesn't make it better anyway.

I feel zero obligation to justify myself to you. I didn't like the game, period.

4 minutes ago, Ramza said:

They are all JRPGs, if you wanted to compare only traditional JRPG then you should have said so in the first place. Winning first place by default because there's no competition doesn't make it better anyway.

I feel zero obligation to justify myself to you. I didn't like the game, period.

I shouldn't have to clarify. When people say JRPG they're talking about a specific design. Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Breath of Fire, Suikoden... Etc. There's a clear philosophy behind the way these types of games are structured and designed. Its distinct enough that it was able to create it's own subgenre.

Considering every RPG from Japan to be a JRPG is stupid and wrong. Yeah, its a RPG made in Japan but they're not all in the JRPG subgenre.

If we're going to start going down that route then shit is about to get messy.

Castlevania games. They have RPG elements and they're made in Japan. I guess this qualifies them as JRPGs now?

But hey, let's branch out a bit with something more modern and something not from Japan.

God of War? Action Adventure game? Nah, there's RPG elements so clearly its an Action RPG.

TitanFall? First Person Shooter? Nah, I can run on walls and jump all over the place so it's obviously a Platformer.

Hell, I guess we could say every game with a jump button can be considered a Platformer of some kind if we really want to push stupid line of thinking.

You stated an argument, I challenged it. Simple as that. If you can't handle that then keep your fuckin mouth shut, snowflake.

6 minutes ago, Ike said:

DP, just buy and play FFVII Remake. It's amazing. :aitch:

Yeah, playing any oldie JRPG while FF7 Remake is out was a bad idea. I'll get on that real soon

2 minutes ago, Sabo said:

I shouldn't have to clarify. When people say JRPG they're talking about a specific design. Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Breath of Fire, Suikoden... Etc. There's a clear philosophy behind the way these types of games are structured and designed. Its distinct enough that it was able to create it's own subgenre.

Considering every RPG from Japan to be a JRPG is stupid and wrong. Yeah, its a RPG made in Japan but they're not all in the JRPG subgenre.

If we're going to start going down that route then shit is about to get messy.

Castlevania games. They have RPG elements and they're made in Japan. I guess this qualifies them as JRPGs now?

But hey, let's branch out a bit with something more modern and something not from Japan.

God of War? Action Adventure game? Nah, there's RPG elements so clearly its an Action RPG.

TitanFall? First Person Shooter? Nah, I can run on walls and jump all over the place so it's obviously a Platformer.

Hell, I guess we could say every game with a jump button can be considered a Platformer of some kind if we really want to push stupid line of thinking.

You stated an argument, I challenged it. Simple as that. If you can't handle that then keep your fuckin mouth shut, snowflake.

Not this fucking shit again. All the games I mentioned are technically RPGs and they are all from Japan, thus they are JRPGs. The sub genres are there to specify which kind of RPG, SRPG/action RPG/traditional turn based RPG etc but JRPG is just a broad term for RPG coming out of Japan and I have no intention of using it any differently.

Regardless it's irrelevant, you don't want to compare them to the games I mentioned? Ok fine, but Vesperia winning best JRPG because there was barely anything else that generation that resembles a traditional JRPG is not winning you any more points.

I didn't start an argument, I listed my opinions and you started debating about it. I think Vesperia is mediocre and far from being the best JRPG of that gen, regardless of sub genres. You're free to think differently, but know that I'm also free to not give a fuck about your opinions.