The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Well... I'm doing it. I paid 30 bucks for this shit and I have nothing but time thanks to quarantine so I'm just going to do it. Sigh, I'm going to play...

Fuck...

... I'm going to play KH.

I bought that damn All In One Bundle so I got three games. It was an impulse buy, I shouldn't of done it but I did. At the time I bought it I thought maybe younger me was being too hard on these games and older me would be a bit more objective. But then I started KH3 and I played it for 2 hours. I quickly realized I made a terrible decision and I need to do a better job controlling my impulse buying habit.

Nonetheless, I did buy a bundle. And spending 30 bucks for 2 hours is a terrible investment unless this bundle sucked my dick and made me a sandwich after. Obviously it did not so I have to actually play these games to make this investment matter.

That means three games... Three of these fuckin' games to play. Dunno if I'm gonna finish any of them but I'm going to try. I'm gonna start with the worst one first and godammit... it's KH3.

Just Goddammit. Just godfuckindammit...

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Well... I'm doing it. I paid 30 bucks for this shit and I have nothing but time thanks to quarantine so I'm just going to do it. Sigh, I'm going to play...

Fuck...

... I'm going to play KH.

I bought that damn All In One Bundle so I got three games. It was an impulse buy, I shouldn't of done it but I did. At the time I bought it I thought maybe younger me was being too hard on these games and older me would be a bit more objective. But then I started KH3 and I played it for 2 hours. I quickly realized I made a terrible decision and I need to do a better job controlling my impulse buying habit.

Nonetheless, I did buy a bundle. And spending 30 bucks for 2 hours is a terrible investment unless this bundle sucked my dick and made me a sandwich after. Obviously it did not so I have to actually play these games to make this investment matter.

That means three games... Three of these fuckin' games to play. Dunno if I'm gonna finish any of them but I'm going to try. I'm gonna start with the worst one first and godammit... it's KH3.

Just Goddammit. Just godfuckindammit...

Lol don't start with 3. 1 > 2 > 3 is the perfect order. And then when you start 3, even if you hate it you can still be impressed by the graphics at least.

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Lol don't start with 3. 1 > 2 > 3 is the perfect order. And then when you start 3, even if you hate it you can still be impressed by the graphics at least.

Beat KH3 a couple hours ago. I was going to make this whole ordeal a separate thread and document the whole experience for shits and giggles but decided not to after I looked over what I wrote down during my time playing KH3.

So I posted what was originally the intro to this experiment so to speak and plan to give quick reviews on each game instead.

I'm still collecting my thoughts on KH3 and just WTF... Just WTF at that ending... But I'll probably be ready to write a review for it tomorrow.

Right now I'm trying to decide if I want to play 1 or 2 next, or if I just want to tap out completely at this point. The worst is over with though so I may soldier on. I'll see how I feel about it tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Beat KH3 a couple hours ago. I was going to make this whole ordeal a separate thread and document the whole experience for shits and giggles but decided not to after I looked over what I wrote down during my time playing KH3.

So I posted what was originally the intro to this experiment so to speak and plan to give quick reviews on each game instead.

I'm still collecting my thoughts on KH3 and just WTF... Just WTF at that ending... But I'll probably be ready to write a review for it tomorrow.

Right now I'm trying to decide if I want to play 1 or 2 next, or if I just want to tap out completely at this point. The worst is over with though so I may soldier on. I'll see how I feel about it tomorrow.

Lmao good one :D but yeah the ending was a joke. The rest of the game was disappointing but once I saw the credits roll my reaction was literally 'wtf, I waited nearly 15 years for this?'

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Lmao good one :D but yeah the ending was a joke. The rest of the game was disappointing but once I saw the credits roll my reaction was literally 'wtf, I waited nearly 15 years for this?'

I shit on KH fans all the time but I feel for them on this one. If the ending disappointed me, soneone who hates this series, then I can't even imagine how the disappointment feels for the fans. That ending literally had like 3 HUGE cliffhangers and it just feels like nothing was actually accomplished. 

WTF is really all that can be said. Just the worst kind of WTF too.

I think I'm just going to go 3-2-1.

I already know the story and I played these games before so its not like I need to play them in order.

From what I remember, KH1 is the only one I didn't have strong negative feelings for at the time, I just didn't think it was anything special gameplay wise so I didn't understand the praise. So its probably best I save this one for last.

I do remember having negative feelings for KH2 though. Can't remember why but I guess we're going to find out if younger me was being too harsh or not. At the very least, no way it can be worse than KH3.

Don’t even get me started on KH3’s special attacks featuring random Disney attractions with long ass animation lock. I avoided using special attacks altogether because of it. The combat in KH3 is a fucking joke. 

On 2020-04-15 at 12:31 AM, -GD- said:

i'm at the 60 hour mark in p5 royal. i absolutely love the 2 new characters, and how you can now hang out with akechi (no more automatic level ups). i heard his story, in general, has been overhauled (i didn't care for his initial arc). unlike og p5, there's now almost too much to do with my free time. i literally choose, carefully, how i spend it. kichijoji has added a lot of variety, making it easier to strengthen character bonds and overall stats. 

Did you play P5 as well? How different is it?

Played first 2 chapters of FFVII on hard. Haven’t died yet but when they said you can’t use items in Hard mode I assumed they meant during battle, but they legit meant the whole game. Hardest part is MP conservation at this point. Can’t use Ether even between fights. Benches and materia only way to refill. Seems like a pretty big leap in difficult on top of enemies actually being tougher, hitting harder and bosses apparently having new move sets. No problem so far but not so sure I’ll be able to do the whole game.

leveling up now though is crazy fast 

27 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Played first 2 chapters of FFVII on hard. Haven’t died yet but when they said you can’t use items in Hard mode I assumed they meant during battle, but they legit meant the whole game. Hardest part is MP conservation at this point. Can’t use Ether even between fights. Benches and materia only way to refill. Seems like a pretty big leap in difficult on top of enemies actually being tougher, hitting harder and bosses apparently having new move sets. No problem so far but not so sure I’ll be able to do the whole game.

leveling up now though is crazy fast 

You probably already know this but I only recently realise that if you link the Magnify materia with a magic orb, it turns into an AOE spell. This should conserve some MPs if you are dealing with a big mob.

I'm at the town in kh where you have to collect food.  That's it for me . The game controls like a ps1 game . Combat was fun for a little bit but gets repetitive quickly .

The special attacks are retarded . Do I really need a big ass pirate ship to kill a few little blon enemies ? Also Donald's voice is annoying. 

54 minutes ago, Pureis said:

You probably already know this but I only recently realise that if you link the Magnify materia with a magic orb, it turns into an AOE spell. This should conserve some MPs if you are dealing with a big mob.

Discovered that pretty damn late in my run tbh so I appreciate you bringing it up. Was reading a few tips and apparently one is to links that with healing so when you heal it heals everyone. will have to use Prayer too and prob just have everyone with HP up and MP up materi. 

4 hours ago, Pureis said:

Don’t even get me started on KH3’s special attacks featuring random Disney attractions with long ass animation lock. I avoided using special attacks altogether because of it. The combat in KH3 is a fucking joke. 

They really dropped the ball with that. Like imagine playing FF7 and having to go through a summon animation almost every battle, shit would kill the flow.

It’s too bad because KH1 and 2 actually had decent ideas when it came to their combat systems.

Has anyone played the City that Never Sleeps DLC for Spider-Man? I'm thinking of getting that when I finish FFVII. I want a quick experience before I dive into another lengthy RPG with Trials of Mana when I'm finished with FFVII.

1 minute ago, Ike said:

Has anyone played the City that Never Sleeps DLC for Spider-Man? I'm thinking of getting that when I finish FFVII. I want a quick experience before I dive into another lengthy RPG with Trials of Mana when I'm finished with FFVII.

No, but I've been thinking about picking it up since its cheap right now on PSN. So I'm curious if its worth it too.

Just now, Sabo said:

No, but I've been thinking about picking it up since its cheap right now on PSN. So I'm curious if its worth it too.

Yeah that's my reasoning for it too. I also have an itch just to go swing around NYC again. Seriously, the web swinging and building hopping was almost like a rhythm game. It just felt so good and fun. I'm really excited for the sequel.