*The Official Resident Evil 2 Thread* [Use Spoiler Tags, kthnx]

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mr. X is a lemgod, destroyer of casual gamers lmfao . People are gonna cry about him for years to come     

It’s interesting that the game doesn’t give you much ammo but showers the player with healing items. I just finished the 2nd run as Leon with at least 4 or 5 G+R+B mixtures, like half a dozen green he

REVIEWS:   Gamespot - AAA (9/10) IGN - AAA (9/10) Systemwars - AAA (Even the excluded Sheep give it a BAAAHH as well)   Metacritic - AAA(91)                              

i'm interested to see this bullet spongeeeee. I like the idea of having to waste a fuck of ammo just to squeeze buy. Or the game not rewarding you with kills if you're trying to convserve.

funny enough I mentioned enemies seemed llike spongies and not much PUNCH with the handgun on zombs in my first demo playthrough. looks like me right. Anywho, the end result still seems frightening. Not having nearly enough ammo to kill everything. So I'll take that evolution with a matter stand.

I wish I did not read about mr. X so much. lmfao sounds funny tho. I like the idea of always planning ahead for him. If I have a puzzle on one end, go there, he comes, run other side.  Wait till he chases me to this other side, THEN bolt back to the puzzle corner?  I wonder if this would give me more time.  Shame, yes, they should have had him drop things SOMETIMES if you blast him. Or, using very high explosives and such on him makes him drop longer.  From what I seen, even the best weapons barely phase him so you  may as well keep your pistol equipped and RUN.

I skipped the physics video. Want to keep that a surprise. 

5 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Zombies eating 8 headshots makes getting ammo unsatisfying. Before a clip of ammo or even 3 bullets used to feel important. Now it all feels all over the place. 

Honestly the weapon feel and balance is so piss poor, Evil Within demolishes this game especially on harder difficulties. 

I've played and beaten Evil Within 2. 30 hours. Crazy game. B gayming, but satisfied.  The end boss is :D  straight out a movie. 

It’s interesting that the game doesn’t give you much ammo but showers the player with healing items. I just finished the 2nd run as Leon with at least 4 or 5 G+R+B mixtures, like half a dozen green herbs, and a few first aid sprays. I actually found that a viable strategy in some cases is to deliberately let zombies in your way attack you, because you’re better off having to use some of those items instead of burning through your ammo. 

I’ll check out the 4th survivor mode but I think I’ve got my fill of the game at this point. The 2nd run feature as a different character is great, and really shows off the differences between both scenarios. The structure of the game and level layouts are mostly the same, but there’s enough new content and story variations to make it worth it. In fact I’d go as far as to say that it’s essential to do those 2 playthroughs or you won’t even get the true ending either, which is much better than the standard one. 

Great game for sure.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
51 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

It’s interesting that the game doesn’t give you much ammo but showers the player with healing items. I just finished the 2nd run as Leon with at least 4 or 5 G+R+B mixtures, like half a dozen green herbs, and a few first aid sprays. I actually found that a viable strategy in some cases is to deliberately let zombies in your way attack you, because you’re better off having to use some of those items instead of burning through your ammo. 

I’ll check out the 4th survivor mode but I think I’ve got my fill of the game at this point. The 2nd run feature as a different character is great, and really shows off the differences between both scenarios. The structure of the game and level layouts are mostly the same, but there’s enough new content and story variations to make it worth it. In fact I’d go as far as to say that it’s essential to do those 2 playthroughs or you won’t even get the true ending either, which is much better than the standard one. 

Great game for sure.

Nice mini review bro 

9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

yeah but i figured it was just some kind of high score/ time attack mode. Is there story stuff in it?

Not really, it's like assignment Ada from RE4 but it's cool nonetheless and not too long

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Great game for sure.

Blue herbs giving you a defensive boost definitely makes what you're saying true.  And yea, I've noticed that as well, you get way more healing items compared to ammo.  Another thing I noticed is that (on standard difficulty anyway) is that you basically can't die in 1 hit from any HP above caution.  You'll always get put into danger before being killed.  So it's usually not worth it to heal if you're in caution... always take the next hit and then heal from danger.

This game is amazing, I've got to say it's just something else. I had my doubts but they've all been quelled, absolutely every single one of them. Also the dark wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, sure it's still a very much dark game but it's not hampering the experience. 

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Twinblade said:

4th survivor is fucking hard!

Yup, because it's designed to be as unfair as possible. But that's the point, it's intentional.

I can get to outside the Police Station but that's where I die every single time.