Guys, how can we grow SW?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't pour water on your computer, Cooke. It doesn't work like it does on plants.

How can you nazi that?     

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, McWicked said:

Didn't like having that pointed out, did ya? :rawf: 

You said there were a bunch of Hitler sympathizers, there was one and his thread was deleted. 

This place is not really that useful for newcomers. We all know each other here since like 2005 so we have some history to fall back to, but what do the newcomers get? Outside of some old-fashioned console wars, theres really not much for them in the Youtube/Twitter age.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

There's a half dozen gaming subreddits that won't perm you for an opinion. Nobody is coming here.

Actually this place can probably attract some reddit/4chan users, because we dont have that horrid downvote system. Not to mention every member can have some sort of personality here so thats something compared to just being a digit on those sites.

1 hour ago, HolyAx said:

Not to mention every member can have some sort of personality here so thats something compared to just being a digit on those sites.

That's fair. You mentioned in your first post that we all know each other and that personality side of it is really the only reason I still bother coming here. I can't name 3 people from any subreddit I regularly post at, but I can probably recall a half dozen likes/dislikes for every regular poster on here.

4 hours ago, HolyAx said:

Actually this place can probably attract some reddit/4chan users, because we dont have that horrid downvote system. Not to mention every member can have some sort of personality here so thats something compared to just being a digit on those sites.

I like the idea of 4chan/Reddit users. Shit, I post more memes than they do :smoke:

I know I'm probably not too welcome here but I'll throw a few things out there. 

The URL sucks. systemwars.com redirects here, does Javier still own that? The forum needs to reside at sw.com honestly. 

Forums overall are dying, they just are. People prefer faster more streamlined interaction (discord for example)

Pretend you've never set foot here before. Load up the home page, look at how busy the page seems. There's a lot going on! So many colors and different things happening. 

When I ran this place the old forumites ran off all the new people anyway. It's just like Sdubz or any other site that's been around for ages, it's a closed group circle jerk, it sucks but that's what it is. 

The smilies are crazy confusing, I couldn't tell you what any of these faces mean, does anywhere else on the internet use those things anymore?

Threads seem kinda toxic... So much spam and wasteful posts inside threads, which is fine for a small group of friends, not great for looking like a well ran know what you're doing site. 

I will say the site seems to be busier than it has been in a long time, I've been poking around the last few weeks. We just completely relaunched Sdubz so I've been getting ideas on what  ya'll have implemented over here. Things seem to be moving in a positive direction. 

Just a few thoughts. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, HAL said:

The URL sucks. systemwars.com redirects here, does Javier still own that? The forum needs to reside at sw.com honestly. 

Forums overall are dying, they just are. People prefer faster more streamlined interaction (discord for example)

Pretend you've never set foot here before. Load up the home page, look at how busy the page seems. There's a lot going on! So many colors and different things happening. 

When I ran this place the old forumites ran off all the new people anyway. It's just like Sdubz or any other site that's been around for ages, it's a closed group circle jerk, it sucks but that's what it is. 

The smilies are crazy confusing, I couldn't tell you what any of these faces mean, does anywhere else on the internet use those things anymore?

Threads seem kinda toxic... So much spam and wasteful posts inside threads, which is fine for a small group of friends, not great for looking like a well ran know what you're doing site. 

I will say the site seems to be busier than it has been in a long time, I've been poking around the last few weeks. We just completely relaunched Sdubz so I've been getting ideas on what  ya'll have implemented over here. Things seem to be moving in a positive direction. 

Just a few thoughts. 

Your thoughts are always welcome. I guess it's hard to step back and look at it from a new persons perspective. i guess this site will slowly die out and fade into oblivion

New people will get bullied out that is true , and the only ones who would stay are probably young teenagers .

Do we want to be arguing with 16 year olds in our 30s ? Reef .

I agree just let it die when it dies .

2 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

This place wasn't supposed to grow anymore.

It peaked during the 6th gen.

Let this place die already.

Sidescrollers was  a better place ffs.

How was it better? It was ugly, slow, and less active. 

• Upvote 1

Just read the whole thread. I really only came back and have stayed because of the familiarity and the history we have here. Shit, we have known each other and been talking games since 2004 back on GS SW. 

3 hours ago, HAL said:

Just a few thoughts. 

Hal :-* you are always welcomed here