• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jerry and ghost pretending they don’t want to fuck one another. 

Nah, im actually stuck on lvl 116. I've been just going back to earlier levels and getting chests and crowns that I missed.

I really want an 11. 

Posted Images

Apple is rushing to release an iPhone SE2 early next year.

Pretty much takes the processor from the new iPhone 11 and puts it in an iPhone 8 body and will probably sell it for $400.

Kuo: Apple to Launch 'iPhone SE 2' in Early 2020 With Similar Design as iPhone 8, A13 Chip, and 3GB RAM

Apple plans to release a lower-priced "iPhone SE 2" in the first quarter of 2020, according to noted analyst Ming-Chi Kuo.

In a research note with TF International Securities, obtained by MacRumors, Kuo said the device will feature a similar form factor design and specifications as the iPhone 8, with a faster A13 chip and 3GB of RAM:

We forecast that Apple will launch the more affordable iPhone SE2 in 1Q20. For the most part, the form factor design and hardware spec are similar to iPhone 8's. The most significant hardware spec upgrade will be the adoption of the A13 processor and 3GB LPDDR4X. iPhone SE2 will likely increase iPhone's market share and benefit Apple's promotions for service and content. We expect that the iPhone SE2 shipment will reach 30–40mn units in 2020.

Kuo believes the "iPhone SE 2" will be the "best upgrade choice" for an estimated 100 million remaining iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus users, serving as a "key growth driver" for Apple in 2020. He believes these customers have low desire for new features like Face ID and multiple cameras, suggesting the "iPhone SE 2" will stick with Touch ID and a single-lens rear camera.

Kuo's prediction lines up with multiple other sources that have claimed Apple plans to release a new lower-cost iPhone 8-esque device next year, including the Taiwanese publication Economic Daily News, Japanese publication Nikkei Asian Review, and Bloomberg's Mark Gurman and Debby Wu.

Those earlier reports indicated the device will sport a 4.7-inch display and a Touch ID home button like the iPhone 8. Apple continues to sell the iPhone 8 from $449, while the iPhone SE was $349 prior to being discontinued. When new, the iPhone 8 and iPhone SE started at $699 and $399 respectively.

So this is forming a pattern.

Apple specifically avoided using the "R" brand designation in fooling people that the cheapo version that has featured paired down or removed is the "standard" iPhone 11 so that they can entice them to upgrade because of a relatively low price point of $699.

But now, they are scrambling to rush out a iPhone SE2 for $400 in order to entice iPhone 6/6S/7 existing users? I guess the iPhone 11 wasn't able to entice them to upgrade.

i think all of the phones are so amazing now, that it's hard to go wrong with any choice. i'm heavily invested in the ios ecosystem, and i like interface. plus, i have had great experiences with each iphone i've owned (i drop them a lot, and they still last 2+ years). however, the galaxy line seems great. the pixel is solid (i would take a galaxy over it, though). but the pixel 4 camera will be a beast. it's not 2010 anymore. the differences just aren't that significant.  

25 minutes ago, -GD- said:

i think all of the phones are so amazing now, that it's hard to go wrong with any choice. i'm heavily invested in the ios ecosystem, and i like interface. plus, i have had great experiences with each iphone i've owned (i drop them a lot, and they still last 2+ years). however, the galaxy line seems great. the pixel is solid (i would take a galaxy over it, though). but the pixel 4 camera will be a beast. it's not 2010 anymore. the differences just aren't that significant.  

I've seen Samsung show hints of the LAST possible phone features that I would want.

And that's why I have no problem skipping the Note 10.

They're working on "under-the-screen" tech that pretty much reaches the end of the road from phone improvement.

As of October 2018, one year ago, they had been talking about under-the-screen camera lens, fingeprint sensor, haptic sensor, and speakers. So that means the front is pure screen with no limitations.

Dp3mDkZVAAAZ547?format=jpg&name=900x900

And the only other thing to wait for is Qualcomm making a revision to their 5G radio that fixes the main problem. The reason why Samsung 5G phones cost more is because the current Qualcomm 5G radio component (x50) is separate from the existing 4G radio. So the phone needs to have two radio components, which increases costs and sucks more battery, hence they need to increase battery size to offset it.

The New Qualcomm x55 revision fixes that, and has 5G/4G/3G all baked into it. So the Samsung (top) line of phones should probably all be 5G compatible next year.

So a Note "X" with a pure all-front screen, under-the-screen camera, fingerprint sensor, haptic sensor, and speakers with proper 5G compatibility, at least 12GB of RAM, about a 6.8" screen, and probably go out of my way to get the 512GB version and I'm done. There's nowhere to go.

7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I've seen Samsung show hints of the LAST possible phone features that I would want.

And that's why I have no problem skipping the Note 10.

They're working on "under-the-screen" tech that pretty much reaches the end of the road from phone improvement.

As of October 2018, one year ago, they had been talking about under-the-screen camera lens, fingeprint sensor, haptic sensor, and speakers. So that means the front is pure screen with no limitations.

Dp3mDkZVAAAZ547?format=jpg&name=900x900

And the only other thing to wait for is Qualcomm making a revision to their 5G radio that fixes the main problem. The reason why Samsung 5G phones cost more is because the current Qualcomm 5G radio component (x50) is separate from the existing 4G radio. So the phone needs to have two radio components, which increases costs and sucks more battery, hence they need to increase battery size to offset it.

The New Qualcomm x55 revision fixes that, and has 5G/4G/3G all baked into it. So the Samsung (top) line of phones should probably all be 5G compatible next year.

So a Note "X" with a pure all-front screen, under-the-screen camera, fingerprint sensor, haptic sensor, and speakers with proper 5G compatibility, at least 12GB of RAM, about a 6.8" screen, and probably go out of my way to get the 512GB version and I'm done. There's nowhere to go.

Eh, they’ll keep finding new ways to make the phones more attractive. But, while most of these perks are cool, I think we’ve hit the point of diminishing returns. I only upgraded from my 7+ because I was never crazy about its selfie camera or low light pics. Otherwise, my 7+ was more than powerful enough for 99% of apps, and it ran iOS 13 perfectly fine. 

5 hours ago, jehurey said:

Apple is rushing to release an iPhone SE2 early next year.

Pretty much takes the processor from the new iPhone 11 and puts it in an iPhone 8 body and will probably sell it for $400.

So this is forming a pattern.

Apple specifically avoided using the "R" brand designation in fooling people that the cheapo version that has featured paired down or removed is the "standard" iPhone 11 so that they can entice them to upgrade because of a relatively low price point of $699.

But now, they are scrambling to rush out a iPhone SE2 for $400 in order to entice iPhone 6/6S/7 existing users? I guess the iPhone 11 wasn't able to entice them to upgrade.

The iPhone 11 will outsell every phone on the market by 10:1. Why would you think they’re rushing to do anything? This is just a move to Now outsell the competition 20:1. Lol

5 minutes ago, ghostz said:

The iPhone 11 will outsell every phone on the market by 10:1. Why would you think they’re rushing to do anything? This is just a move to Now outsell the competition 20:1. Lol

LOL caused him to double-post. That was quick.

Apple really seems to be rushing. And they have a clear direction: Getting their phones as cheap as possible in order to get sales back up.

I wish them luck.

14 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LOL caused him to double-post. That was quick.

Apple really seems to be rushing. And they have a clear direction: Getting their phones as cheap as possible in order to get sales back up.

I wish them luck.

It is a successor to a phone they launched what...4 years ago?

where is the rush? 😂

“cheap as possible” when it’s still 2x Samsung’s ASP... yikes LOL

Edited by ghostz
2 minutes ago, ghostz said:

It is a successor to a phone they launched what...4 years ago?

where is the rush? 😂

“cheap as possible” when it’s still 2x Samsung’s ASP... yikes LOL

Yup, they're trying to lead with their cheapest phone with gutted features.

Going back to the home button.

3 minutes ago, ghostz said:

The SE2 won’t outsell the 11, but if you’re willing to make a wager on that, I’d be happy to do so. 😏

Sorry, not interested in your attempts to change the topic.

I never made a claim as to which CHEAPO model would sell more. LOL

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

Sorry, not interested in your attempts to change the topic.

I never made a claim as to which CHEAPO model would sell more. LOL

They are both higher than Samsungs average ASP. 

don’t need to tell you that though, you just said the note 10 sucks 😂

8 minutes ago, ghostz said:

They are both higher than Samsungs average ASP. 

don’t need to tell you that though, you just said the note 10 sucks 😂

Hey, don't take it out on me.........Apple is the one rushing this.

I guess a $699 price option wasn't enough.

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Hey, don't take it out on me.........Apple is the one rushing this.

I guess a $699 price option wasn't enough.

Again, where’s the rush? 11 outsold the note 3:1 in one week, when the notes been out since early August. 

1 minute ago, ghostz said:

Again, where’s the rush? 11 outsold the note 3:1 in one week, when the notes been out since early August. 

Already showed you where the rush is. They're already prepping a iPhone SE2 release early next year.

Make sure to read the article next time.

28 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Already showed you where the rush is. They're already prepping a iPhone SE2 release early next year.

Make sure to read the article next time.

People want one, sure. Those people are probably former SE users or Android users. 

having the top selling phone in the world = rush to put out your next product to you?

how many phones has Samsung released? Guess they’re rushin to get the gs11...wait, 300 more phones will release before that 

Edited by ghostz
1 hour ago, ghostz said:

People want one, sure. Those people are probably former SE users or Android users. 

having the top selling phone in the world = rush to put out your next product to you?

how many phones has Samsung released? Guess they’re rushin to get the gs11...wait, 300 more phones will release before that 

I dunno, it seemed like the iPhone SE was a one-time thing back in 2016. But it seems like Apple is now going back to that well to help sales.

• madmaltese★ changed the title to The Official Phone thread - Serious business
  • Cooke locked this topic