How do you guys feel about 70 dollar video games ?

17 minutes ago, Remij said:

We're LITERALLY seeing it right now.  Publishers are deciding on their own, to raise their next gen game prices to $70.. whether MS or Sony follows suit or not... lmao

No you're not. With Nintendo games.

Which is what has been asked of you about 12 separate times already in this thread.

Why do you pretend that we will forget what the argument is, exactly? You think you'll successfully move the goalposts without us noticing. LOL

We're still waiting.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wonder if this will be the universal standards now. Also wonder if AA and indie devs think they can get a way with a 10 dollar increase too .

For the highest end AAA games, yea, it's fine, and warranted IMO.  But if mid range developers think it's going to allow them to boost their games up by $10 that regurgitate the same shit year in and

Jerry and Gokuflop derailing the thread. MODS please take out the trash.

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

Before Sony and MS released their "pro" consoles... was it easy to find examples of mid-gen refreshes before :drake: 

Now look... Nintendo's doing it too :danylol: 

What are you talking about?

Nintendo did hardware refreshes for the Game Boy, the DS to DSi, and the 3DS to n3DS.

But we're not talking about hardware, we're talking about software pricing.

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

No Remij.  This is a new generation. If game prices are to increase it increases for a new gen, I've already said that from Jump. 

You still have yet to provide one single example of the MSRP increasing for a system midway through its life cycle. 

Should be easy.... cough up the examples

No.  When game prices increase.. it sets the new standard of acceptability.  The consumer decides what is ultimately acceptable.

There's no set time when these things "take effect"... it happens during a next gen transition because it gives them an excuse... and thus makes it "more acceptable"...  If pubs decide $70 works... they can charge $70 where they want.  We'll see if they do on Switch or not. :shrug: 

Just now, jehurey said:

What are you talking about?

Nintendo did hardware refreshes for the Game Boy, the DS to DSi, and the 3DS to n3DS.

But we're not talking about hardware, we're talking about software pricing.

CONSOLES.... handhelds are different.

Although... MAYBE you could call the WiiU a mid gen Wii refresh :danylol: 

Just now, Remij said:

CONSOLES.... handhelds are different.

Although... MAYBE you could call the WiiU a mid gen Wii refresh :danylol: 

Sorry..........you're not changing the subject. I already pointed that out with the last sentence that we are talking about software pricing.

So.........we're still waiting.

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

No.  When game prices increase.. it sets the new standard of acceptability.  The consumer decides what is ultimately acceptable.

There's no set time when these things "take effect"... it happens during a next gen transition because it gives them an excuse... and thus makes it "more acceptable"...  If pubs decide $70 works... they can charge $70 where they want.  We'll see if they do on Switch or not. :shrug: 

And that has only came with a new console generation.

Once again............you are being asked when was software being increased DURING a console generation, specifically for Nintendo?

Just now, Remij said:

Let me give you some examples of it NOT HAPPENING. 

PS360 games increased to 60.....PS2 and Xbox stayed at 50.... Wii stayed at 50 as well. Nintendo didn't increase to 60 until its next system.   

Now your turn to show a system's games MSRP increasing midway through a system's life cycle.... go... 

12 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Let me give you some examples of it NOT HAPPENING. 

PS360 games increased to 60.....PS2 and Xbox stayed at 50.... Wii stayed at 50 as well. Nintendo didn't increase to 60 until its next system.   

Now your turn to show a system's games MSRP increasing midway through a system's life cycle.... go... 

You idiots don't seem to learn.. do you?

I said it's POSSIBLE... because they CAN charge whatever they want.  And I've already PROVED that point.

I never said it was going to happen...

There doesn't need to be precedence for it to be a possibility.  This could be the very first time Nintendo does it... or not.

Stay mad because I said there was a possibility though:umad: 

1 minute ago, Remij said:

I said it's POSSIBLE... because they CAN charge whatever they want.  And I've already PROVED that point.

I never said it was going to happen...

There doesn't need to be precedence for it to be a possibility.  This could be the very first time Nintendo does it... or not.

Stay mad because I said there was a possibility though:umad: 

So you still have no examples of the MSRP of a system's games increasing midway through a system's life cycle.... that's all you had to say bro... you don't got it. 

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

I said it's POSSIBLE...

So it hasn't happened.

Which means that you can't even prove that its possible, because its pretty much the way it is, unless you have proof that it isn't.

So, you're are wrong unless you provide specific proof that its possible.

And you don't even have that., we are now confirming.

If it’s a game I’m dying to play, then $70 is fine. However. I get 1-3 of those types of titles a year. I think the gamepass model is the future. I mean..why pay $60-$70 for a multiplat I can play on a service I already have? Also, at $70, I will be way more selective. However. On gamepass, I’m willing to give more obscure titles, or games I normally wouldn’t play, a shot. 

It's all bs.

Technology scales down after time passes.

I could understand games being $60 during the beginning of this gen, but not right now.

Besides, companies sell the most basic version of the game at $60.

Now imagine getting a drink coaster for $70.

That's why digital makes the most sense.