Official Elden Ring Thread

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

LOL thats funny 'BEST VERSION GUYZ......if this ghetto fix worked for you :lemming:'

Just admit the game is busted on PC.

It literally takes 5 seconds.  It's literally by far best on PC if the fix works for you as it has for many.  

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Platinum’d this bitch. Now, I can take a break from gaming  

Thought this was funny. If Ubisoft developed Elden Ring:  

remember the time when GD would say souls games is not his type. just reading his posts is so full of excitement. lol it makes me happy 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Substatic said:

It literally takes 5 seconds.  It's literally by far best on PC if the fix works for you as it has for many.  

No it isn't. Did you even read that thread? That fix is to improve the general framerate, which is not among the game's big issues. The problem is the sudden FPS drops and hitching/stuttering, which this hack doesn't address.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Substatic said:

POSSIBLE FIX FOR PC FRAME RATE : Eldenring (reddit.com)

This fixed it for many people, making the PC version easily by far the best (for those who it worked on).

:lawl:this is what living like a second-class citizen literally looks like

"if you go into the ini file...."

"and set to high performance"

Somebody in that post even said, their framerate improved from 15 to 35 fps.:drake:With no irony.

• Haha 1
  • dead 2

LMFAO Substatic... stop man.  I'll tell you right now it doesn't work.  I tried it.  There's NOTHING anyone other than FROMSOFT can do to fix this.

I find honestly, it's best to just lock fps to 30.  It makes the lurches far less distracting and the entire thing more consistent.  If not, when running at 60fps when riding the horse, the FPS constantly tank while traversing the overworld.  In dungeons it seems mostly fine.. still stutters here and there.. but it's still not what I'd call acceptable overall.

It's bad enough that they'll HAVE to acknowledge it, I would think.

Outside of the shit performance though... let me tell you that the game is incredible.  I'm loving this sooooo much.  And yea... it's TOUGH.  One enemy is just constantly kicking my ass and the most I can get him down is like 1/3rd of his health.  I think I'm gonna have to back off and go explore some more and gain a few more levels before I'll be able to take him.  I'll give it a few more tries though.  The game has a way of making you believe you can win, even when you're getting whooped :D 

Oh and holy shit... look at the concurrent player count on Steam

xx.png

The damn game doesn't even realistically release until tomorrow.  This weekend they will easily pass over 1 million concurrent players I'd imagine.  Wow.. FROM is truly big league now.

Edited by Remij
3 hours ago, ghostz said:

Enjoy those long ass loading times, lower res, no DS features, and worse graphics overall. 

im hope you really  enjoy it. DF said it’s constantly juddering on PS5, nearly unplayable LOL

You really gonna bring up load times? PS5 WINS AGAIN :dead:

20220225_135405.thumb.jpg.f40186d8e3cac4fd750bf1eaeab12d62.jpg

• Haha 1
  • dead 1
19 minutes ago, Remij said:

LMFAO Substatic... stop man.  I'll tell you right now it doesn't work.  I tried it.  There's NOTHING anyone other than FROMSOFT can do to fix this.

I find honestly, it's best to just lock fps to 30.  It makes the lurches far less distracting and the entire thing more consistent.  If not, when running at 60fps when riding the horse, the FPS constantly tank while traversing the overworld.  In dungeons it seems mostly fine.. still stutters here and there.. but it's still not what I'd call acceptable overall.

It's bad enough that they'll HAVE to acknowledge it, I would think.

Outside of the shit performance though... let me tell you that the game is incredible.  I'm loving this sooooo much.  And yea... it's TOUGH.  One enemy is just constantly kicking my ass and the most I can get him down is like 1/3rd of his health.  I think I'm gonna have to back off and go explore some more and gain a few more levels before I'll be able to take him.  I'll give it a few more tries though.  The game has a way of making you believe you can win, even when you're getting whooped :D 

Oh and holy shit... look at the concurrent player count on Steam

xx.png

The damn game doesn't even realistically release until tomorrow.  This weekend they will easily pass over 1 million concurrent players I'd imagine.  Wow.. FROM is truly big league now.

Thats insane, but honestly I don't think they deserve those numbers given the state they released the game in. Its also very disappointing that they're still so behind the curve technically. The game still uses many of the same animations as Demon's Souls FFS.....that game is 13 years old now.

I can't remember the last time Ghostz made a thread that didn't backfire. You'd have to be truly retarded to play a multiplat on Xbox these days - fortunately for Microsoct people likw Ghostz, Vini and JonB exist.

• Geese 1
3 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

I can't remember the last time Ghostz made a thread that didn't backfire. You'd have to be truly retarded to play a multiplat on Xbox these days - fortunately for Microsoct people likw Ghostz, Vini and JonB exist.

Series X with VRR is the preferred way to play for DF staff. 

5 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Series X with VRR is the preferred way to play for DF staff. 

It actually isn’t. It doesn’t mask the shitty frames and input lag you will get from dropped frames. You are a complete imbecile for thinking VRR fixes the shitty Series L’s framedrops and lower resolution :mickeyj:

Edited by FIREPOWER
1 minute ago, FIREPOWER said:

It actually isn’t. It doesn’t mask the shitty frames and input lag you will get from dropped frames. You are a complete imbecile for thinking VRR fixes the shitty Series L’s framedrops and lower resolution :mickeyj:

Hey. Take it up with DF, it’s their preference. 

35 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Hey. Take it up with DF, it’s their preference. 

That’s John’s personal preference not DF’s preference, the better version is still the PS5 version lol and they recommended playing the PS4 version on PS5 for locked 60fps. Xbox Series L and VRR was never mentioned as the preferred way to play by DF, that’s just shit you pulled out of your lemshit ass :hest:.

Why would they recommend a version with the worst performance, lower framerate, lower resolution and 3 times longer load times? Another backfired thread from your retarded lemshit ass :mickeyj:

Edited by FIREPOWER
4 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

That’s John’s personal preference not DF’s preference, the better version is still the PS5 version lol and they recommended playing the PS4 version on PS5 for locked 60fps. Xbox Series L and VRR was never mentioned as the preferred way to play by DF, that’s just shit you pulled out of your lemshit ass :hest:.

Why would they recommend a version with the worst performance, lower framerate, lower resolution and 3 times longer load times? Another backfired thread from your retarded lemshit ass :mickeyj:

Playing on series X now with VRR, pretty fucking smooth :love: 

I love how there's mini dungeons and stuff that almost seems as if they carry themes of certain levels across past FROMSOFT games.  One cave I found felt like I was transported into a specific Demon's Souls level...

(in before asset reuse joke)

But it's actually not anything really with assets.. it's just the theme of the area and the ambiance of it.  And I just so happen to love that area in Demon's Souls :love: 

• -GD-X★ changed the title to Official Elden Ring Thread