Official Elden Ring Thread

20 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Nothing shows up in red. Also, I missed the spirit calling bell at the beginning and it’s sold out at the round table. Wtf. 

edit nvm I have it, but nothing summons even with that white icon up

i have no idea what any of that means as I haven’t played the game yet :ben: just going off of past souls experiences

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Platinum’d this bitch. Now, I can take a break from gaming  

Thought this was funny. If Ubisoft developed Elden Ring:  

remember the time when GD would say souls games is not his type. just reading his posts is so full of excitement. lol it makes me happy 

Posted Images

So I've literally been exploring everywhere I can.  I beat Margit easily enough when I went back to him.  Stormville Castle is awesome..  This game is definitely challenging though.  Gotta remember to keep going back to Roundtable and upgrading your equipment to stand a chance in some parts.

FROM's level design is just impeccable.  These legacy dungeons are massive and have all sorts of awesome shit scattered around. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ghostz said:

Definitely getting a lot better at the game, I just don’t know what anything does really. Lol. Just gotta remember not to rush into things and take it slow 

Honestly I just google it if I dont know what an item does. These games can be super obtuse in explaining things

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, -GD-X said:

haha i figured as much. so basically, i'll hate it lol.

I've died more than other Souls games but mostly to the bosses and mini bosses in the world. Only because there is way more of these

Your regular enemies are easier than Souls games

The respawn system is also a lot more forgiving and quicker/easier to regain your stuff

• Thanks 1

Just started playing on PS5. That version has been mostly smooth so far, but the framerate drops when it rains are a bit jarring, I had that same experience on PC. Odd cause the rain doesn’t look particularly impressive. 

So do those giants that roam around the map respawn when you kill them? They’re tough but I got pretty close to taking one out. Interesting that they would put one right at the entrance to what I assume is the first major dungeon.

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Just started playing on PS5. That version has been mostly smooth so far, but the framerate drops when it rains are a bit jarring, I had that same experience on PC. Odd cause the rain doesn’t look particularly impressive. 

So do those giants that roam around the map respawn when you kill them? They’re tough but I got pretty close to taking one out. Interesting that they would put one right at the entrance to what I assume is the first major dungeon.

They Respawn every time you hit one of the checkpoints. Everything on the map does. Lol 

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

They're regular enemies.  You don't even know what mini bosses in this game are yet :D 

:whew:

1 minute ago, Remij said:

They're regular enemies.  You don't even know what mini bosses in this game are yet :D 

:whew:

The progression is very different from the typical Souls game, its a lot more aimless which I guess is the point but it makes it tough to gauge whether or not im actually making adequate progress in the game and improving. I feel like by now I should have at least 1 ranged option but I haven't encountered any catalyst, spells, or bows. 

19 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The progression is very different from the typical Souls game, its a lot more aimless which I guess is the point but it makes it tough to gauge whether or not im actually making adequate progress in the game and improving. I feel like by now I should have at least 1 ranged option but I haven't encountered any catalyst, spells, or bows. 

If you've happened to miss the item for casting incantations (spells)... which is understandably easy enough to do in this game.. when you get to the Roundtable Hold, there's a merchant there who sells the item.  You're looking for items called "Seals"  The first would be the Finger Seal.  That allows you to cast incantations.  For sorceries you need a staff.  You'll meet people who will teach you them.  They'll either be in the world, and then appear at the Roundtable, or they'll already be there.

But yea, it is a lot more "aimless" in a sense.  You have to venture off, make small wins where you can, and then start leveling things up.  There's plenty of caves and tunnels around Limgrave.. also look for ruins which have catacombs to search for higher quality items/loot.

Also, don't forget to crush the various skulls that are around the world and grab the Golden Runes... and use them to help get your levels up.  I had a shit ton of them just sitting there waiting to be used.

Another tip.. don't forget to place markers (not waypoints) on the map when you find people or places of interest on the map.  There's lots of stuff that doesn't get recorded on the map, so using your markers can help you remember where things are.

Edited by Remij
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, Remij said:

If you've happened to miss the item for casting incantations (spells)... which is understandably easy enough to do in this game.. when you get to the Roundtable Hold, there's a merchant there who sells the item.  You're looking for items called "Seals"  The first would be the Finger Seal.  That allows you to cast incantations.  For sorceries you need a staff.  You'll meet people who will teach you them.  They'll either be in the world, and then appear at the Roundtable, or they'll already be there.

But yea, it is a lot more "aimless" in a sense.  You have to venture off, make small wins where you can, and then start leveling things up.  There's plenty of caves and tunnels around Limgrave.. also look for ruins which have catacombs to search for higher quality items/loot.

Also, don't forget to crush the various skulls that are around the world and grab the Golden Runes... and use them to help get your levels up.  I had a shit ton of them just sitting there waiting to be used.

Another tip.. don't forget to place markers (not waypoints) on the map when you find people or places of interest on the map.  There's lots of stuff that doesn't get recorded on the map, so using your markers can help you remember where things are.

I am about to fight Godrick but still haven’t figured out a way to do incarnations. I have the fire sling but am unable to use it. I missed the witch early but abs got the finger seal at the round table, have the incarnation equipped but still can’t use it. 

20 minutes ago, ghostz said:

I am about to fight Godrick but still haven’t figured out a way to do incarnations. I have the fire sling but am unable to use it. I missed the witch early but abs got the finger seal at the round table, have the incarnation equipped but still can’t use it. 

You have the Finger Seal equipped?

You have to "memorize spell" at a Site of Grace to put them in their slots.

Do you have enough Faith?

Edited by Remij