• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Platinum’d this bitch. Now, I can take a break from gaming  

Thought this was funny. If Ubisoft developed Elden Ring:  

remember the time when GD would say souls games is not his type. just reading his posts is so full of excitement. lol it makes me happy 

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Actually made some decent progress today. Killed the commander in Caelid's swamp, then went up to the minor erdtree and killed its guardian. He was actually way more of a pushover than I expected, he had a lot more health than the previous guardians and my magic was barely putting a dent in him. I had to pick away at him with melee but eventually I was able to take him out and got 91K runes, which is the most i've gotten from any boss/mini boss. Was able to level up 4 times in a row just from that fight.

Yeah, that Erdtree was a beast compared to all the others in the surrounding areas. I had to chip away at his health when I faced him too, but one slip up on my part and he'd one shot me. I was probably in the low 40s when I beat him, but he took me many many tries just cuz it was one shot.

Congrats though!! Next you should try that Gargoyle in Caelid or start doing the dragons :face:

Just now, Twinblade said:

I don't have either of those :ben: I guess I can try to get the Comet Azur spell

oh, i thought that detailed his weaknesses. basically, his attacks take off less points and he isn't as aggressive. i guess he was meant to be a boss for a later section. so, he's been scaled down.

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

oh, i thought that detailed his weaknesses. basically, his attacks take off less points and he isn't as aggressive. i guess he was meant to be a boss for a later section. so, he's been scaled down.

Ahh I was only looking at the first post and not the rest of the twitter thread. I used up so many of my rune arcs trying to take him down, which has annoyed more than anything else. And relying on other players (which works for tmany of the other bosses) isn't a viable strategy here.

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Ahh I was only looking at the first post and not the rest of the twitter thread. I used up so many of my rune arcs trying to take him down, which has annoyed more than anything else. And relying on other players (which works for tmany of the other bosses) isn't a viable strategy here.

rotten breath. it will make the fight easy af. if you need to boost your int (required 15) and arc ( required 12), i can recommend a great farming spot. as for getting RB, it's super easy. you only need 1 dragon heart, and there's a way to get 5 - without fighting a single creature.

19 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

rotten breath. it will make the fight easy af. if you need to boost your int (required 15) and arc ( required 12), i can recommend a great farming spot. as for getting RB, it's super easy. you only need 1 dragon heart, and there's a way to get 5 - without fighting a single creature.

I finally killed the fucker. I had tried rotten breath but found the windup animation to be too long. But then I figured out how to get the NPCs to distract him enough to where I could hit him with it. Took about 3 full breaths and I just wandered around dodging attacks while his hp plummeted.

• Like 1
  • aitch 1
17 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Rykard? I kept making it to phase two and I got annoyed so I just respec’d and killed him with ease since you don’t really use magic at all in that fight. 

Ohhhh I beat rykard a while back. 

2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Comet azure takes all 3 slots too, which sucks. I think I’ll continue rocking the sling, rotten breath and mimic.

Comet Azur, Meteorite, and Meteorite of Astel aren't all that good unless you have Cerulean Hidden Tear (eliminates all FP usage for a small amount of time), allows you to continue charging the spells up for quite some time. 

You either need that Tear or your FP to be pretty high for those 3 spells to be really worth using.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Snowman said:

Comet Azur, Meteorite, and Meteorite of Astel aren't all that good unless you have Cerulean Hidden Tear (eliminates all FP usage for a small amount of time), allows you to continue charging the spells up for quite some time. 

You either need that Tear or your FP to be pretty high for those 3 spells to be really worth using.

My mind is strong. It’s at 40. I can get 2 or 3 hits with it. But I think it’s my staff that’s holding me back. Thanks, though! I’ll get that tear.