Official Elden Ring Thread

Just now, -GD-X said:

This is easily the best open world game I’ve played. 

That's awesome man.  I guess you kinda added your own "easy mode" and made the game work for you by waiting until you were at a level which would allow you to experience it all without having to deal with much of the tedious things like losing over nad over and over... and just getting to experience the world and crazy level design and bosses that FROM excel at.

I respect the commitment. :fblike: 

And yea, this is up there for me too.  I'll wait to say what's what until after I finish it haha.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Platinum’d this bitch. Now, I can take a break from gaming  

Thought this was funny. If Ubisoft developed Elden Ring:  

remember the time when GD would say souls games is not his type. just reading his posts is so full of excitement. lol it makes me happy 

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Remij said:

That's awesome man.  I guess you kinda added your own "easy mode" and made the game work for you by waiting until you were at a level which would allow you to experience it all without having to deal with much of the tedious things like losing over nad over and over... and just getting to experience the world and crazy level design and bosses that FROM excel at.

And yea, this is up there for me too.  I'll wait to say what's what until after I finish it haha.

Yeah bro, I’m obsessed with this world. I love being able to clear out areas with ease, so I can see more shit. @JonbX I’ll get you so OP, it’s not even funny!

• Like 1
Just now, -GD-X said:

Yeah bro, I’m obsessed with this world. I love being able to clear out areas with ease, so I can see more shit. @JonbX I’ll get you so OP, it’s not even funny!

Yep, there's always new things to see not far from where you are.  I LOVE the exploration in this game.  More than any other.

• aitch 1

Trying to do the Ranni character quest. I don’t see how the average person could possibly do these quests without a guide, the objectives are vague and they rely on meeting characters or finding locations that you might not have encountered yet so it’s a lot of just wandering around figuring out where to go.

I killed another couple of main bosses. I beat renalla and godskin. I got my ass handed to me by rykard, though. My magic and sword did shit. I’ll try the weapon I found in his room and see if that works. I couldn’t even use rotten breath to cheese him lol. 

37 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I killed another couple of main bosses. I beat renalla and godskin. I got my ass handed to me by rykard, though. My magic and sword did shit. I’ll try the weapon I found in his room and see if that works. I couldn’t even use rotten breath to cheese him lol. 

Is that a sorcery?

On 2022-03-11 at 10:27 PM, Remij said:

Yeah it's pretty awesome how you can just make it as difficult or easy as you want by just going out and over-lvling and/or head straight towards OP as fuck items. This is what makes it more accessible than other Souls games, and one of the things a lot of reviewers loved.

Edited by Substatic
1 hour ago, Substatic said:

Yeah it's pretty awesome how you can just make it as difficult or easy as you want by just going out and over-lvling and/or head straight towards OP as fuck items. This is what makes it more accessible than other Souls games, and one of the things a lot of reviewers loved.

Yeah, it’s pretty much whatever game you want it to be. 

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

Yeah, it’s pretty much whatever game you want it to be. 

There's been exploits like that in pretty much every Souls game and From never tries to fix them. I think its a smart decision to leave them in as it allows people to basically choose how difficult they want the games to be.

In other news I just hit level 60 and I feel so behind compared to you 100+ motherfuckers in this thread :ben: 

12 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

There's been exploits like that in pretty much every Souls game and From never tries to fix them. I think its a smart decision to leave them in as it allows people to basically choose how difficult they want the games to be.

In other news I just hit level 60 and I feel so behind compared to you 100+ motherfuckers in this thread :ben: 

Ha tbh level doesn’t make much of a difference. I spread my points out a bit thin, so I could be solid at different play styles. Your equipment, talisman, upgrades, etc. mean way more. 

On 2022-03-11 at 11:09 PM, ghostz said:

There’s a dude on Reddit who’s ng+7…..

tbh subsequent playthroughs can be superrrr quick in this with all the warps and stuff so depends how fast he's going through. could easily beat the game in like 5-6 hours the second time through.

43 minutes ago, Casual said:

tbh subsequent playthroughs can be superrrr quick in this with all the warps and stuff so depends how fast he's going through. could easily beat the game in like 5-6 hours the second time through.

Do you carry any stuff over or no?

This has GOTG potential for me. I know some will say it’s because I’m not too familiar with the souls games, but it did the unthinkable - got me hooked on one of these titles. Plus, I absolutely love the scale/depth of the world. I don’t think I can ever go back to an Ubisoft game again. 

• Thanks 1
  • aitch 1

Well, I'm near the end of the game and I am going to be honest- I don't care too much for Elden Ring. I think out of all the Soulsborne games, Elden Ring is the worst one.

Controversial take for sure but I just don't think this is a good game. Its a solid game but its definitely not this revolutionary title people are making it out to be. I'd give it a 7. The only thing Elden Ring has been consistent with is disappointing me.