Official Elden Ring Thread

16 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Well, I'm near the end of the game and I am going to be honest- I don't care too much for Elden Ring. I think out of all the Soulsborne games, Elden Ring is the worst one.

Controversial take for sure but I just don't think this is a good game. Its a solid game but its definitely not this revolutionary title people are making it out to be. I'd give it a 7. The only thing Elden Ring has been consistent with is disappointing me. 

I know some others who’ve beaten it and they didn’t love it either. So, is it overrated? Probably…by people who couldn’t get into the others, even if they are superior. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Platinum’d this bitch. Now, I can take a break from gaming  

Thought this was funny. If Ubisoft developed Elden Ring:  

remember the time when GD would say souls games is not his type. just reading his posts is so full of excitement. lol it makes me happy 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I know some others who’ve beaten it and they didn’t love it either. So, is it overrated? Probably…by people who couldn’t get into the others, even if they are superior. 

Fanboys are the ones I see overrating it the most... lol.

The thing that really makes me roll my eyes is remembering how Dark Souls 2 got absolutely lambasted for all of its flaws and mistakes. Yet Elden Ring has those same exact issues and plenty more but NO ONE says a peep about any of it and instead are praising the game for its bullshit?

I fuckin' hate fanboys, man.

• dead 1
8 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Fanboys are the ones I see overrating it the most... lol.

The thing that really makes me roll my eyes is remembering how Dark Souls 2 got absolutely lambasted for all of its flaws and mistakes. Yet Elden Ring has those same exact issues and plenty more but NO ONE says a peep about any of it and instead are praising the game for its bullshit?

I fuckin' hate fanboys, man.

Oh yeah, Cleo said it’s an open world DS 2. 

1 minute ago, ghostz said:

Magic :blessed:

i was never within 100 ft of his ass 

What spells did you use? The rock sling and glintstone pebble are my main spells and neither has much range. I think I might try GD's method and use the rotten breath incantation.

Everyone playing in easy mode and I feel like I'm playing in hard mode :biggrin:

Haven't used a single Ashes of War. Haven't looked up a single 'build'. Went with a melee build so can't even magic/spell effectively. Didn't know of any 'farm' spots still GD/ghostz starting talking about them, etc.

Getting to the point where I will need to start doing that stuff though. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Everyone playing in easy mode and I feel like I'm playing in hard mode :biggrin:

Haven't used a single Ashes of War. Haven't looked up a single 'build'. Went with a melee build so can't even magic/spell effectively. Didn't know of any 'farm' spots still GD/ghostz starting talking about them, etc.

Getting to the point where I will need to start doing that stuff though. 

Hey, I've only used the basic ass magic you get relatively early.  I ain't ever leveled none of that shit up lol.

I went to battle with that motherfucker.  I'm mostly a melee, but I have a couple faith spells to deal with distant annoyances when they crop up lol

Just now, Remij said:

Hey, I've only used the basic ass magic you get relatively early.  I ain't ever leveled none of that shit up lol.

I went to battle with that motherfucker.  I'm mostly a melee, but I have a couple faith spells to deal with distant annoyances when they crop up lol

Yeah same, only spell I've ever used is that glintstone pebble or whatever it's called lol

Pretty sure I'm gonna hit a super hard wall soon though. 

I've heard that powerstancing dual sword can be very effective so might try that. 

Just now, madmaltese said:

Yeah same, only spell I've ever used is that glintstone pebble or whatever it's called lol

Pretty sure I'm gonna hit a super hard wall soon though. 

I've heard that powerstancing dual sword can be very effective so might try that. 

I've hit multiple walls really.  But then I venture off and either find something completely new to do, or I head back to places I've been to finish up some things I left undone.   It's dumb really.  Having the "I want to see it all" mentality with this game is almost draining in a way.  But fuck it.. it's just soo good I can't help it.  After Radahn I got majorly sidetracked and was doing other stuff for hours and hours.  I literally forgot what I should even be doing anymore.  Luckily I stumbled upon something which reminded me, and then I pushed ahead and got over the wall, so-to-speak.

That's one of the things I LOVE about this game.  I'm not feeling like I'm dragging it on by veering off the path and spending hours potentially not "progressing" the game... I'm doing other stuff and it's interesting stuff.  I want to keep seeing new things and "finishing off" old things because it quite literally feels so good in this game to do so.

I've got a few different weapons I use depending on what types of enemies I'm facing.

2 hours ago, Remij said:

I've hit multiple walls really.  But then I venture off and either find something completely new to do, or I head back to places I've been to finish up some things I left undone.   It's dumb really.  Having the "I want to see it all" mentality with this game is almost draining in a way.  But fuck it.. it's just soo good I can't help it.  After Radahn I got majorly sidetracked and was doing other stuff for hours and hours.  I literally forgot what I should even be doing anymore.  Luckily I stumbled upon something which reminded me, and then I pushed ahead and got over the wall, so-to-speak.

That's one of the things I LOVE about this game.  I'm not feeling like I'm dragging it on by veering off the path and spending hours potentially not "progressing" the game... I'm doing other stuff and it's interesting stuff.  I want to keep seeing new things and "finishing off" old things because it quite literally feels so good in this game to do so.

I've got a few different weapons I use depending on what types of enemies I'm facing.

Radahn was my first MAJOR wall where I had to do exactly like you, venture off for multiple hours and explore because I was just making no leeway with him. But like you said that is what is also so great about the game. It rewards you so well for exploration and the sense of discovery is always so amazing that it still feels like you are always progressing, even when stuck at a main boss. 

13 hours ago, ghostz said:

Took down godrey on my first attempt in about 30 seconds lol. The sword of night and flame or whayever is so OP

Haha same! Mine is only at +5 too. I used mimic to distract him. 

23 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Radahn is wiping the floor with me during his 2nd phase. Can't figure out how to even get close to him without dying.

Get the rotten breath incantation. He will be your bitch. I literally chilled far away, by the sand, as his life drained :smoke:

10 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

@ghostz are you using radahn’s armor, or do you have a stronger set? I find it’s good, for the most part, but some random fools still fuck me up. 

Nah I have put like zero effort into armor at all tbh. I have a special helmet that gives me +6 intelligence otherwise I’m just wearing random shit. I don’t even have shoes or arm armor bc my endurance is still only 12 (I’m level 110 or so?)