Official Elden Ring Thread

3 hours ago, -GD-X said:

there's already a sub one hour speed run on youtube :deadest:

i had a feeling it'd get pretty low. souls games always have some wild speedruns. you can do so much at low levels with the right items and because of how many runes/souls bosses give, you can kind of keep pace and get to reasonable breakpoints. this games super interesting cause obviously it's open world, but with all the secret portals and shit laying around you know some big brain is gonna find some wild strategy.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Platinum’d this bitch. Now, I can take a break from gaming  

Thought this was funny. If Ubisoft developed Elden Ring:  

remember the time when GD would say souls games is not his type. just reading his posts is so full of excitement. lol it makes me happy 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Remij said:

Damn @Snowman you really going in on Elden Ring.  I only got around 60 hours in so far.

Haha yeah, but unfortunately I've got time to do so. There was a reason I thought I wouldn't be able to play this game for awhile and my homie gifted me it.

To put it very short, life the past 5 years haven't been kind to me, but the last 2 years I haven't worked..been in a pretty deep depression and there's a mental block I haven't gotten over yet.

So, I've been able to no life this game the past week and a half

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

Haven't had the time to play it. Been busy and don't have more than an hour or two a day and I don't want to play the game like that. 

Yeah, I definitely understand that, this isn't a game for 1-2 hours of play time like GD said. Hopefully you'll get some time here soon to play this masterpiece :-*

38 minutes ago, Snowman said:

Haha yeah, but unfortunately I've got time to do so. There was a reason I thought I wouldn't be able to play this game for awhile and my homie gifted me it.

To put it very short, life the past 5 years haven't been kind to me, but the last 2 years I haven't worked..been in a pretty deep depression and there's a mental block I haven't gotten over yet.

So, I've been able to no life this game the past week and a half

Hey man, that's rough.  Sorry to hear it.

Glad your friend was able to help you out and hopefully get your mind off things for a while.

Life can throw things at you unexpectedly, and can be pretty hard to manage.  But you gotta keep pushing.  Things will get better if you can maintain a positive outlook and make small goals to keep you focused and moving forward.  I don't know your situation, but making even some small changes in your life can have a big positive effect on your outlook.. which is important.  I know it's tough, especially these days when it feels like the world is going crazy... but it will get better.

Control what you can, and don't focus too much on the stuff that you can't.

If it gets real bad, and you need to talk, don't hesitate to drop a PM.  I'll listen.

• Thanks 1

So Radahn keeps one shotting me. I consistently get him to 1/3rd health and then if I take my eyes off him he somehow one shots me. Any tips? Just keep my eyes on him at all time? Farm and raise my vigor? I’m a 103 or some shit, I have no issues with taking health off him… I just don’t have time to take it all down. I’m just using Loretta’s bow over and over… boring fight. 

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Is it worth it? Im nowhere near the INT or Faith level required, so I'd have to respec in that direction.

It’s really fun to use. I increased my faith for it and don’t really regret it but might respec for a bit to take down radahn

38 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Is it worth it? Im nowhere near the INT or Faith level required, so I'd have to respec in that direction.

i definitely think so. i'm only +4 with it and can wreck shit. apparently, it's the strongest sword at +10. i don't know if that's true, but it will definitely be more than powerful. i'm glad i have split my build between int and faith, with a hint of strength. i can toggle between spells and magical sword attacks now, along with incantations.

edit: you can't add ashes of war to it, because that would make it beyond OP.

35 minutes ago, JonbX said:

So i decided to buy this game and im gonna play it after GOTG. I may be posting in her soon for some pointers lol

there are some excellent beginner tutorials i can recommend you. they taught me a lot!

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

i definitely think so. i'm only +4 with it and can wreck shit. apparently, it's the strongest sword at +10. i don't know if that's true, but it will definitely be more than powerful. i'm glad i have split my build between int and faith, with a hint of strength. i can toggle between spells and magical sword attacks now, along with incantations.

edit: you can't add ashes of war to it, because that would make it beyond OP.

It was worth it. I got it up to +4 and it does as much damage as the Bloodhound's Fang I was using, but the attacks are much faster. The specials seem cool too but I don't have enough FP to really make use of them.

45 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

It was worth it. I got it up to +4 and it does as much damage as the Bloodhound's Fang I was using, but the attacks are much faster. The specials seem cool too but I don't have enough FP to really make use of them.

The specials are insane! I love setting groups of people on fire! 

5 hours ago, ghostz said:

So Radahn keeps one shotting me. I consistently get him to 1/3rd health and then if I take my eyes off him he somehow one shots me. Any tips? Just keep my eyes on him at all time? Farm and raise my vigor? I’m a 103 or some shit, I have no issues with taking health off him… I just don’t have time to take it all down. I’m just using Loretta’s bow over and over… boring fight. 

When its his second phase and he gets those purple giant balls around him just stay the hell away and try position the sand dune between you and him. Then go back to attack after they are shot.

The bow tactic didn't work for me though (although I was like level 60ish not 103). Thing that worked for me is pure aggression. Can get him into phase 2 within 1-2min of reaching him, then dodge the comet. then use your allies to get in close. Stay between his legs, always roll toward him, under his legs not away. Fuck off when he gets those balls up then return. 

4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

When its his second phase and he gets those purple giant balls around him just stay the hell away and try position the sand dune between you and him. Then go back to attack after they are shot.

The bow tactic didn't work for me though (although I was like level 60ish not 103). Thing that worked for me is pure aggression. Can get him into phase 2 within 1-2min of reaching him, then dodge the comet. then use your allies to get in close. Stay between his legs, always roll toward him, under his legs not away. Fuck off when he gets those balls up then return. 

I ended up smoking him lol. I just didn’t realize those big purple balls shoot out at you. Durrr. He just seemed to shoot every time I turned my back for a second for a while. 

I’m way over leveled :D idc though, having fun with it. I only hit him with the bow like 6-7 times, mainly just respawned the Allies over and over