There seems to be a lot of confidence in Starfield

Everywhere I'm looking people just seem convinced that it's going to be amazing.  That's a big difference compared to the last time it was showed off where people were still quite obviously not entirely sold on it.  Obviously now it looks more polished and we know more about all the various systems within the game.. but I'm surprised at how solid the reception was to that deep dive.

Without any BS console warring, how would you rate what they showed?

Edited by Remij

Thought what they showed was very good overall, much better showing than the last time (even though there are multiple aspects to this game that really do not appeal to me personally). However I do think this new found confidence might not be a good thing though because people are now going in with crazy expectations (like literally even here jonb now hyping this as 'one of the greatest games ever made') instead of going in a bit wary and hopefully being surprised. This is still a Bethesda game and one with such a scale that the possibility of a bit of a rough launch is quite high.

So yeah I'm keen to check it out and i'm sure its going to be a massive hit but personally it's not close to as hyped as I was for Diablo IV or that I am for FFXVI.

• Upvote 1

I spent hundreds of hours in their games and I'm about to stack another 100 hours or so. It's going to be a pretty epic game.

It's the narrative and world building elements I'm worried about. I mean, Elderscrolls is actually a pretty good medieval fantasy universe and they inherited Fallout, which is probably the best universe in gaming in terms of background lore. Since Starfield is completely new, I have no idea what to expect and I have my doubts they can pull of something truly interesting that hasn't been done already in other science fiction works. 

5 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I spent hundreds of hours in their games and I'm about to stack another 100 hours or so. It's going to be a pretty epic game.

It's the narrative and world building elements I'm worried about. I mean, Elderscrolls is actually a pretty good medieval fantasy universe and they inherited Fallout, which is probably the best universe in gaming in terms of background lore. Since Starfield is completely new, I have no idea what to expect and I have my doubts they can pull of something truly interesting that hasn't been done already in other science fiction works. 

Yeah, I honestly don't even know what the story setup is. The fact that they had a 45 minute presentation and couldn't even outline the basics of it is a bit of a red flag.

what they showed looked solid. if they can deliver on all that it will be great.

problem is im absolutely positive they won't deliver on that and there's probably 1000 bugs/bad things that weren't shown.

bethesda hasn't made a good game in a decade, not sure they'll start again now.

Edited by Casual
  • Haha 1
49 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Thought what they showed was very good overall, much better showing than the last time (even though there are multiple aspects to this game that really do not appeal to me personally). However I do think this new found confidence might not be a good thing though because people are now going in with crazy expectations (like literally even here jonb now hyping this as 'one of the greatest games ever made') instead of going in a bit wary and hopefully being surprised. This is still a Bethesda game and one with such a scale that the possibility of a bit of a rough launch is quite high.

So yeah I'm keen to check it out and i'm sure its going to be a massive hit but personally it's not close to as hyped as I was for Diablo IV or that I am for FFXVI.

True.  There definitely are some people hyping this up to be the second coming.  It does look to be pretty epic though.. and considering the quality and caliber of games Xbox has been putting out lately, it's somewhat understandable that they're extremely hyped for it.  Out of any games MS has, this is honestly the one with the best chance to do real numbers and restore some confidence.  Whether it all pays off or not, we'll see I suppose.

16 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah, I honestly don't even know what the story setup is. The fact that they had a 45 minute presentation and couldn't even outline the basics of it is a bit of a red flag.

Pretty sure that's intentional.  The stuff they're showing off is more important at the moment.  They'll have a story trailer leading up to launch.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Ike said:

Morrowind IN SPACE. :kaz: 

Fresh coat of paint and new setting but will be the same copy and paste Bethesda formula they’ve been making for 20 years. :mj: 

Bethesda wishes they could still make a game as good as morrowind tbh

Here's the thing with Bethesda and their games.

They've always done deep dive demonstrations in the months leading up to release.

Them showing FO4 at their Zenimax E3 conference.

Them showing Skyrim at Quakecon

Has anybody ever gotten the sense that they UNDER-promise in their demo, and then proceed to OVER-deliver when people play the final product?

Because that's what Zelda ToTK did, bigtime.

I fell like their showcase showed off the best that game can do, and when people get around to experience it, it isn't going to exceed that by very much.

It looks alright, but it'll get good scores I imagine just because it's their next "big game". I mean look at Halo Infinite. Easily a 5/10, but it got overrated. :reg:  The question is... will it do Fallout/TES sales without PlayStation?

Edited by lynux3
17 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I thought it looked bad. Jack of all trades, master of none. 

That's because you've had sex with a human female in the past two years. You dont know that MS family struggle. 

Edited by Mr. Impossible
  • dead 1
15 hours ago, lynux3 said:

It looks alright, but it'll get good scores I imagine just because it's their next "big game". I mean look at Halo Infinite. Easily a 5/10, but it got overrated. :reg:  The question is... will it do Fallout/TES sales without PlayStation?

Yeah, look at HFW and GOW. Both 6/10 at most. 

On 2023-06-16 at 4:15 AM, Playstation Tablet said:

It's going to be a great game no questions asked.

How so? It will be space-skyrim nothing more and you hate that game too lol