Just now, jehurey said:

Except the TV specs page doesn't mention the "mechanism" or any supporting parts that help direct the light.

It strictly ONLY talked about the bulbs, and it clearly indicates its placement.

Which is OUTSIDE.  This is agreed upon.

The LEDs are OUTSIDE the LCD layer, and their light is NOT pointed at the LCD layer, its pointed into other parts that redirect the light.

Hence its it not a true back light.

And backlight is just an industry term that these guys are intentionally using in an obtuse way, especially Dynocrap in order to try and get his KS8000 tv to be "close" the today's modern LCD tvs.

He did that to make his tv look less embarrassing.

@Alphonse Ban this dumb piece of shit already. 

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You'll have to forgive him; he's currently only in the draft stage of his next race baiting thread.

It doesn't work on an Apple phone

Industry leading iPhone HDR, though.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

The LEDs are OUTSIDE the LCD layer, and their light is NOT pointed at the LCD layer, its pointed into other parts that redirect the light.

Exactly.  The ONLY reason it's around the perimeter is to more EVENLY spread that light source across the mechanism BEHIND the LCD panel to direct that light FORWARD.

Dude... you can't just talk about bulbs... when you ALREADY KNOW there's other ELEMENTS in the lighting mechanism...... cmon dude lmao

Edited by Remij_
1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Exactly.  The ONLY reason it's around the perimeter is to more EVENLY spread that light source across the mechanism BEHIND the LCD panel to direct that light FORWARD.

Dude... you can't just talk about bulbs... when you ALREADY KNOW there's other ELEMENTS in the lighting mechanism...... cmon dude lmao

except the spec pages that luryxn posted only describe the LED bulb.

he grabbed screenshots from a Sony website and a Samsung website.

Dude, I've already talked to them about DIFFUSOR SHEETS and reflective panels.

Nobody has used those words more than me.  They don't acknowledge it.

The lighting REDIRECTING MECHANISM (or module) exists behind the LCD layer.............already said that like 6 pages ago.

4 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

@Alphonse Ban this dumb piece of shit already. 

See, I told you this guy was pissed at me for making fun of his tv.

He literally just demanded a ban because I made fun of his tv again...........I legit laughed out loud right now. :tom:

Just now, jehurey said:

See, I told you this guy was pissed at me for making fun of his tv.

He literally just demanded a ban because I made fun of his tv again...........I legit laughed out loud right now. :tom:

That's not the reason...

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

They're trying to flame their way out.

And its not going to work.

Except its not behind the LCD layer...........its not in the back, its in the outer perimeter. You specifically said so yourself.

The diffuser and the reflector panel are what is directly back of the viewable LCD panel. But since the tv industry seems to only refer to the bulbs, then we must only talk about the fact that its on the outside of the viewable LCD layer.

You either know what "back" means............or you don't.

Outside in the perimeter is NOT "back".

7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

really, where did I say that the LEDs in in FRONT of the LCD matrix.................so it must have been PAGES AGO, because you said it was "first"

Go find that post.

I'll wait.

Oops. :tom:

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Oops. :tom:

Oops is correct.

Point out where I said "front" in that post.

I'll wait.

And, apparently according to you just now, this argument only started 1 hour ago. I thought you said I talked about LEDs being in front "first".

Edited by jehurey
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Oops is correct.

Point out where I said "front" in that post.

I'll wait.

And, apparently according to you just now, this argument only started 1 hour ago. I thought you said I talked about LEDs being in front "first".

Spinning so fast you don't even recall the stupid shit you're spewing. :tom5:

Just now, lynux3 said:

Spinning so fast you don't even recall the stupid shit you're spewing. :tom5:

how am i spinning?

You specifically said:

1.) i mentioned that the LEDs were in FRONT of the LCD layer

2.) that was one of the FIRST things I said before supposedly changing my position.

Where did you prove those two things?

Just now, jehurey said:

how am i spinning?

You specifically said:

1.) i mentioned that the LEDs were in FRONT of the LCD layer

2.) that was one of the FIRST things I said before supposedly changing my position.

Where did you prove those two things?

You said it wasnt behind it, but now you're saying that it is. :martin: Make up your mind. Which is it? Do the LEDs reside behind the matrix or not? This is your final answer. 

Just now, lynux3 said:

You said it wasnt behind it, but now you're saying that it is. :martin: Make up your mind. Which is it? Do the LEDs reside behind the matrix or not? This is your final answer. 

do you have some sort of medical ailment that prevent you from reading the rest of a sentence?

Except its not behind the LCD layer...........its not in the back, its in the outer perimeter

did you blackout after reading the green part?

or maybe you have to go clean your breeches at that exact moment.:lawl:

all of your "sunk cost" arguing this..............and this is how you're going to go out? by you making an elementary stumble and me running a parade all over you.

I thought you were more competent than that.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

do you have some sort of medical ailment that prevent you from reading the rest of a sentence?

did you blackout after reading the green part?

or maybe you have to go clean your breeches at that exact moment.:lawl:

all of your "sunk cost" arguing this..............and this is how you're going to go out? by you making an elementary stumble and me running a parade all over you.

I thought you were more competent than that.

So is the LEDs behind the LCD matrix your final answer? 

4 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

So is the LEDs behind the LCD matrix your final answer? 

my final answer is literally enlarged in the biggest font on this whole page.

Oh man..............you're trying to play stupid, really really hard.

and it isn't working.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

my final answer is literally enlarged in the biggest font on this whole page.

Oh man..............you're trying to play stupid, really really hard.

and it isn't working.

I'll take LEDs reside behind the LCD matrix as your final answer. So it appears you are retaining some information to which we're educating you. :obama:

Edited by lynux3
1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

I'll take LEDs reside behind the LCD matrix as your final answer. So it appears you are retaining some information to which we're educating you. :obama:

Nope.........you already lost if you are actively avoiding what I clearly highlighted.

THANK YOU for admitting defeat:blessed:

Holy shit that was easy. Just like I said, I had you in checkmate, and thats why you avoided it.

3 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

:snoop:

Oh, and by the way the diffuser is not something that exists along the edges, like a strip.

Its a sheet.

acrylic-led-lcd-diffuser-sheet4932210439

Once again another perfect visual illustration:

Edge_vs_Direct_backlight.png

Look at the path of the yellow arrows. The LED bulbs in the edge-lit screen will NEVER GET to the LCD layer without re-directing of the light. Basically putting other layers to help the light bounce around all over.

Look at the visual representation of the LED and how it exists outside of all of those layers.

Now look at the DIRECT-LED, and look where those LED bulbs are at.

They are within those layers, and they are clearly shining light in one direction. A reflector exists behind it so that it helps bounce any light that may have spilled back there.

10 minutes ago, jehurey said:

you literally lost the argument when you used the word "downfire".

He just explained how this shit is working and all you got from that from was "downfire"? Yeah, you're a lost cause. Not like you weren't before or anything. :drake: