This is why the steam deck will fail

17 minutes ago, jehurey said:

except i actually explain myself.

something you should maybe look into doing at some point.................for once, just for the new experience of having done sol. LOL

Yeah you explained what I would think of a product that doesn't exist. Very solid argumentation not prone to personnel interpretation at all. Meanwhile I actually made arguments that completely contradict everything you said but as usual, you ignore all of it and just kept making the same dumbass argument. Good job, mate.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sheep bought a second Shitch at 350$ for a OLED screen. stfd   A portable PS4 sounds infinitely better than the Nintendo pos you currently have.     Nintendo are selling their games at

Lol I remember that well, Jerry specifically. Its like how waggle was the future, then it was the touchscreen, now sheep are back to playing fps with fumblesticks and loving it. Funny how it changes i

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Yeah you explained what I would think of a product that doesn't exist.

And I'm not wrong, am I.

We both know that's exactly how you would react.

If you saw a Nintendo press conference in which they announce a new successor to the Switch, a NEW next-gen device...........and that next-gen device had the power of a 2013 base-PS4 console, and it was three times thicker than a original switch..........and had 90 minute battery-life.

And could run Elden Ring almost at a steady 30-fps  at 800p

And Nintendo announced a $400 price tag for it.

You would react positively to it, like you have with the Steam Deck?

Its funny how you've suddenly lost the power to answer a VERY DETAILED hypothetical question, that is using references that you already know.

Like the phrase "2013 base-PS4 hardware power"...........shouldn't be confusing to you, right? Like you know exactly what that means. Like you know what "Elden Ring running almost at a steady-30fps at 800p" means, right?

Or are you saying that's too much for your brain to process?:mjgrin:

7 minutes ago, Remij said:

He's truly lost his fucking mind :D 

LOL, no you just got pissed because I actually did catch you lying.

That's you problem. And its pretty easy to fix that. Just stop lying.

3 hours ago, jehurey said:

And I'm not wrong, am I.

We both know that's exactly how you would react.

If you saw a Nintendo press conference in which they announce a new successor to the Switch, a NEW next-gen device...........and that next-gen device had the power of a 2013 base-PS4 console, and it was three times thicker than a original switch..........and had 90 minute battery-life.

And could run Elden Ring almost at a steady 30-fps  at 800p

And Nintendo announced a $400 price tag for it.

You would react positively to it, like you have with the Steam Deck?

Its funny how you've suddenly lost the power to answer a VERY DETAILED hypothetical question, that is using references that you already know.

Like the phrase "2013 base-PS4 hardware power"...........shouldn't be confusing to you, right? Like you know exactly what that means. Like you know what "Elden Ring running almost at a steady-30fps at 800p" means, right?

Or are you saying that's too much for your brain to process?:mjgrin:

That'd be a pretty nice improvement for Nintendo if anything. 

The reality is you're still playing a portable system with Xbox 360 level graphics output in 2022 while bashing a PS4 portable level hardware and you can't even see the irony in this. 

Isn't the OLED Switch 350$? Lmao, didn't stop you from defending the pos I bet. 

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

That'd be a pretty nice improvement for Nintendo if anything. 

The reality is you're still playing a portable system with Xbox 360 level graphics output in 2022 while bashing a PS4 portable level hardware and you can't even see the irony in this. 

the irony that i see is that you are a hypocrite.

Sweetie, if Nintendo is releasing, ACCORDING TO YOU, X360-level hardware in 2017...............that's about the same gap as Valve releasing a base-PS4 level hardware in 2022.

That is what makes you a hypocrite.

But its pathetic that you are straight-up lying out your ass that the Switch is a X360-level hardware, because it clearly is above that.

8 hours ago, jehurey said:

the irony that i see is that you are a hypocrite.

Sweetie, if Nintendo is releasing, ACCORDING TO YOU, X360-level hardware in 2017...............that's about the same gap as Valve releasing a base-PS4 level hardware in 2022.

That is what makes you a hypocrite.

But its pathetic that you are straight-up lying out your ass that the Switch is a X360-level hardware, because it clearly is above that.

I already told you I had no problem with Switch performance at launch. 

You know those claims are just gross estimation of their performance level. Deck isn't a PS4 and Switch isn't a 360 but that's the closest thing I can think of. I know you think Switch is Xbox One level but I disagree, the Xbox One ran all PS4 multiplats at slightly lower performance, meanwhile Switch can barely run Witcher 3 at low settings.

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

You know those claims are just gross estimation of their performance level. Deck isn't a PS4 and Switch isn't a 360 but that's the closest thing I can think of. I know you think Switch is Xbox One level but I disagree, the Xbox One ran all PS4 multiplats at slightly lower performance, meanwhile Switch can barely run Witcher 3 at low settings.

Switch isn't 360 level though, it isn't Xbox 1 level either. It's waaaay above 360 but right below Xbox1.   

Deck is in a similar position at launch as the Switch was, except deck isn't anywat close to PS5. Plus valve already said zero games will be made specifically for the deck. 

Which means once cross gen games aren't made anymore, the deck will be struggling to run current games because it's not even close to PS5 level. 

That doesn't mean deck is a failure, it means it will be a portable steam machine for indies and your last gen/cross gen games. 

The NVIDIA hack showed the Switch pro (that was delayed or possibly canceled) with better overall specs than the Deck.  (this wasn't a rumor, it's an actual hack of NVIDIA's files) 

Which stands to reason if they move on to a Switch 2 or they decide to actually launch the Pro, it will be more powerfull overall than the deck. 

But still not powerful as a PS5.  I can guarantee you that if this Pro had launched when it was supposed to, it would have faced the same "underpowered" backlash Switch received at launch.  While deck isn't receiving that even though it's a last gen system in a similar position Switch launched at. 

I think the deck is a nice machine, gives the PC crowd a portable to play their steam library on, but the hypocrisy is a bit much. 

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Switch isn't 360 level though, it isn't Xbox 1 level either. It's waaaay above 360 but right below Xbox1.   

Deck is in a similar position at launch as the Switch was, except deck isn't anywat close to PS5. Plus valve already said zero games will be made specifically for the deck. 

Which means once cross gen games aren't made anymore, the deck will be struggling to run current games because it's not even close to PS5 level. 

That doesn't mean deck is a failure, it means it will be a portable steam machine for indies and your last gen/cross gen games. 

The NVIDIA hack showed the Switch pro (that was delayed or possibly canceled) with better overall specs than the Deck.  (this wasn't a rumor, it's an actual hack of NVIDIA's files) 

Which stands to reason if they move on to a Switch 2 or they decide to actually launch the Pro, it will be more powerfull overall than the deck. 

But still not powerful as a PS5.  I can guarantee you that if this Pro had launched when it was supposed to, it would have faced the same "underpowered" backlash Switch received at launch.  While deck isn't receiving that even though it's a last gen system in a similar position Switch launched at. 

I think the deck is a nice machine, gives the PC crowd a portable to play their steam library on, but the hypocrisy is a bit much. 

The fact it's an extension of steam is awesome and it will basically get games as long as steam exists. I really don't care if it doesn't get exclusives as a trade off. Like I said before, I already own 200+ games for the steam deck.

I never said it was as powerful as a PS5. lol I don't expect to play all current gen AAA games forever on this thing. That's fine. Even on my portable I have to play current gens games like RE Village, Deathproof, etc at medium or lower settings at 1080p if I want a stable 60FPS. I can't even get to a stable 60 with Elden Ring but then again, that game is clearly poorly optimized. 

There's not only AAA games out there, every indie games will work, every AA games with lesser graphics will work. That's awesome.

We'll see what Nintendo does. They are making a shit load of money with the Switch and I don't think they're in a hurry to release a successor yet. Unless it's fully backward compatible, they wouldn't want to cannibalize the Switch sales just yet.

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

The fact it's an extension of steam is awesome and it will basically get games as long as steam exists. I really don't care if it doesn't get exclusives as a trade off. Like I said before, I already own 200+ games for the steam deck.

I never said it was as powerful as a PS5. lol I don't expect to play all current gen AAA games forever on this thing. That's fine. Even on my portable I have to play current gens games like RE Village, Deathproof, etc at medium or lower settings at 1080p if I want a stable 60FPS. I can't even get to a stable 60 with Elden Ring but then again, that game is clearly poorly optimized. 

There's not only AAA games out there, every indie games will work, every AA games with lesser graphics will work. That's awesome.

We'll see what Nintendo does. They are making a shit load of money with the Switch and I don't think they're in a hurry to release a successor yet. Unless it's fully backward compatible, they wouldn't want to cannibalize the Switch sales just yet.

I didn't say that you claimed the Deck was as powerful as a PS5, I used that comparison to put the Deck in context to where the Switch was at launch and to point out that the Deck will be struggling to run current gen games that aren't cross gen pretty soon. 

But at least it has the steam library of games from last gen going backwards to fall back on. 

The next Switch will be fully backwards compatible and the only reason it didn't launch last fall was because of the chip shortages. 

Edited by Goukosan

Jerry sounds like an insecure girlfriend :biggrin: "If this was Nintendo I bet you wouldn't say it was good :crymore:". Just like " I bet you think shes prettier than me" or "I had a dream and you cheated, I bet you really would do it"

He's insecure and upset over an enitrely hypothetical situation :grimaceleft:

• dead 1

What Sheep don't understand is that this is all about choice.

Sheep got ripped on because all they had was downgraded games like Doom and Witcher. If you gamed on Nintendo you had no other option.

Hermits still get the real deal. They still get games they can play on the big screen at ultra high resolutions. They now have the choice to have a handheld where they can play games in a portable format. Yes there is the initial purchase price but after that its one shared library and steam has far cheaper games than consoles and most people already own hundreds of games on Steam.

For people like myself I have little interests in handhelds so Switch sucked I would have preferred a home console. However there are a few games I think would be convenient to have on a handheld and due to the shared library yes Steamdeck is interesting.

This is an apples to oranges comparison.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Ramza said:

Digital Foundry is the one that is saying that, ultimately, the device produces about as much raw horsepower as the base-PS4 from 2013.

Not even the PS4pro, mind you, the BASE PS4.

So people were making fun that the Switch was somewhere below a base Xbox One...........FIVE YEARS AGO.

And you're now trying to tell us that you're impressed with a device that's THREE TIMES THICKER, has a 90 MINUTE BATTERY, and produces something around base-PS4 horsepower?

Please, that's your Nintendo hateboy speaking.

I'd love to see a quote from you back in March 2017 in which you compliment the Switch. We know you didn't.

LOL this guy is melting down because his anti-nintendo bait completely failed.:hest:

1 hour ago, TLHBO said:

Jerry sounds like an insecure girlfriend :biggrin: "If this was Nintendo I bet you wouldn't say it was good :crymore:". Just like " I bet you think shes prettier than me" or "I had a dream and you cheated, I bet you really would do it"

He's insecure and upset over an enitrely hypothetical situation :grimaceleft:

No, I'm just calling you out over obvious hypocrisy that we can see, easily.

And you already know you've been caught. And you don't know how to explain your way out of it.

Take, for example, this NEW PATHETIC EXCUSE you've come up with.

1 hour ago, TLHBO said:

What Sheep don't understand is that this is all about choice.

Sheep got ripped on because all they had was downgraded games like Doom and Witcher. If you gamed on Nintendo you had no other option.

Hermits still get the real deal.

No they don't. They get Low/Medium settings at 800p, explain to me how that's the real deal?

1 hour ago, TLHBO said:

They still get games they can play on the big screen at ultra high resolutions. They now have the choice to have a handheld where they can play games in a portable format.

So you talking about owning a $2000 PC plus buying a Steam Deck.

Yeah that already existed.

It was called "Owning a $2000 PC plus owning a Nintendo Switch"

:tom:

1 hour ago, TLHBO said:

Yes there is the initial purchase price but after that its one shared library and steam has far cheaper games than consoles and most people already own hundreds of games on Steam.

That's not a problem for many people...........the Switch is an actual sleek handheld that plays those 2D indie games without issues...........so people just went ahead and bought the Switch version.

So you now admit that the Steam Deck purely exists for Valve to try and convince people to come and buy those 2D indie games on the Steam store, and they created a way of playing those purchases on a handheld.

Thanks for admitting the very thing Gouko initially said, and I immediately agreed with.

Let's see if people who already bought 105 million Switches suddenly want to play those indie games on a handheld device that's THREE TIMES THICKER, two inches wider, and weighs TWICE AS MUCH as the Switch:hest:and still has terrible placement of the thumbsticks and face buttons.

On an INCREDIBLY CHEAP, LOW-QUALITY, PIECE OF SHIT CHINESE LCD SCREEN.

Oh yeah...........gotta love that choice. LOL

Edited by jehurey

Like it or not, x86 shrinking down to handheld puts a ton of pressure on Nintendo.  Of course they can sell Disnified mascots brands to their masochistic fanbase, but the whole layer of 3rd party indies and middle-tier 3d game are going to be permanently portable in a variety of hardware options, not just Valve's. In general, Steam gets these games first, cheapest, and is the best platform for them. It's not so much whether the Steam Deck will "succeed" or not. The form factor existing takes away a major reason to buy Nintendo's shit. People who mostly play Rocket League or Cuphead for example.  When you add in that handheld x86 chips can practically emulate Nintendo's entire catalog, their complacent approach is getting squeezed from both the high and low ends (4k console / handheld).

Just now, sugarhigh said:

Like it or not, x86 shrinking down to handheld puts a ton of pressure on Nintendo.  Of course they can sell Disnified mascots brands to their masochistic fanbase, but the whole layer of 3rd party indies and middle-tier 3d game are going to be permanently portable in a variety of hardware options, not just Valve's. In general, Steam gets these games first, cheapest, and is the best platform for them. It's not so much whether the Steam Deck will "succeed" or not. The form factor existing takes away a major reason to buy Nintendo's shit. People who mostly play Rocket League or Cuphead for example.  When you add in that handheld x86 chips can practically emulate Nintendo's entire catalog, their complacent approach is getting squeezed from both the high and low ends (4k console / handheld).

4k91U2N.png

qGnzLi7.png

Now who's narrative am I going to believe.

The developers of some of the very best, most critically acclaimed indie 2D games from the past few years, saying that the Switch platform is where they are finding the majority of their commercial success?

Or somebody talking about a company that has had multiple pieces of hardware fail and abandoned?

We're talking about indie games.........x86 processing power shrinking down is irrelevant because these games are not massive 3D games.

Let's look at that form factor, again:

Steam-Deck-2-1-768x576.jpg

Like................did you even pay attention to handheld gaming the 90's? We've seen this before.

We've seen how it ends, multiple times, before.

Even more embarassing is how they both have the same exact screen size, 7 inch.  So not only is the Steam Deck hardware not impressive, or even useful in changing what a handheld can actually do.

Valve has failed at even the most BASIC levels when it comes to how to design a handheld that people will actually want.

The Steam Deck literally looks like a Game Gear from 1992.

• dead 1
2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

4k91U2N.png

qGnzLi7.png

The developers of some of the very best, most critically acclaimed indie 2D games from the past few years, saying that the Switch platform is where they are finding the majority of their commercial success?

Or somebody talking about a company that has had multiple pieces of hardware fail and abandoned?

We're talking about indie games.........x86 processing power shrinking down is irrelevant because these games are not massive 3D games.

Like................did you even pay attention to handheld gaming the 90's? We've seen this before.

Even more embarassing is how they both have the same exact screen size, 7 inch.  So not only is the Steam Deck hardware not impressive, or even useful in changing what a handheld can actually do.

Valve has failed at even the most BASIC levels when it comes to how to design a handheld that people will actually want.

Holy shit it does look like a game gear lol...

7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

4k91U2N.png

qGnzLi7.png

big difference: Deck has a d-pad.

58 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

The Switch is 5 years old. The deck is supposed to be more powerful than the Switch. 

The deck doesn't place any pressure on Switch what so ever for a number of reasons. 

1) Mass market appeal/ commercial success - Deck is not even aiming to be a mass market device.  There won't be enough units in the wild to even make a dent against any competitor. 

2) Power - as shown by the hacked internal NVIDIA documents, the Switch pro that was delayed/canceled was already more powerful than the Deck. So Nintendo along with NVIDIA was already on the road map for a more powerful device. 

3) Exclusives - this needs no explanation. 

I don't think the deck will be a failure because it will do what it's designed to do, be a portable steam device for your last gen and indie games along with cross gen games that are still being made. 

But if you expect it to be more than that an be some huge commercial success when Valve themselves already said no games will be made specifically for the device... Then you will be disappointed.