The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

unfortunately i think regardless of what they do the game is going to receive a hell of a lot of backlash. If it plays like REmake, the modern fans will complain that its clunky and outdated. If it plays like the newer games, the old school purists will complain that its a casual action game. Lose lose situation for capcom.

No.. it's a win situation, if they follow the very simple guidelines of REmake and RE0make.  Plain and simple.  No RE fan hates those games afaik..  They could also make the 'alternate' controls better than they were with RE0 and REmaster.  The fact that it's RE2make, comes with a certain expectation.  People are expecting this game to be of the classic style.  Whether they choose to play around with it a bit, that remains to be seen, such as 3D panning vs 2D pre-rendered backgrounds.  But I'm of the opinion that whether it's 3D or not, they will focus on still camera shots and panning cameras ala RE:CV, except with the gritty detail that fans expect from the remakes.

As I said before, I hope I'm right, but I have a very good feeling that they know to do at least that much.

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

No.. it's a win situation, if they follow the very simple guidelines of REmake and RE0make.  Plain and simple.  No RE fan hates those games afaik..  They could also make the 'alternate' controls better than they were with RE0 and REmaster.  The fact that it's RE2make, comes with a certain expectation.  People are expecting this game to be of the classic style.  Whether they choose to play around with it a bit, that remains to be seen, such as 3D panning vs 2D pre-rendered backgrounds.  But I'm of the opinion that whether it's 3D or not, they will focus on still camera shots and panning cameras ala RE:CV, except with the gritty detail that fans expect from the remakes.

As I said before, I hope I'm right, but I have a very good feeling that they know to do at least that much.

I wish I had your faith. The more I think about it the more I realize I just can't picture capcom sinking millions into a REmake style game in this era. I think its definitely going to be more action focused. Some kind of hybrid of RE6 and 7's mechanics.

Edited by Twinblade
2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I wish I had your faith. The more I think about it the more I realize I just can't picture capcom sinking millions into a REmake style game in this era. I think its definitely going to be more action focused. Some kind of hybrid of RE6 and 7's mechanics.

You could be right, but I don't think so.  Again, my reasoning is that they did a great job with the remasters and got great feedback.  They know that that is the fanbase they should be targeting with this remake.  If it's first person or over the shoulder.. it will be a complete failure in my eyes.

On 10/30/2017 at 9:25 AM, Ike said:

REmake 2 is still vaporware guys. :] 

Kinda sad, too.  It's not like that type of game is crazy expensive in today's dollars.  It's gotta be relatively cheap considering they don't have to model a goddamn thing in the environment. :weird:

Finished Remake Jill tonight playing Chris now.  Other than Chris only having 6 slots and no grenade launcher his character seems superior in every other way. Runs faster, more health? More zombie headshots, grenades. It also challenges you to conserve ammo  which is cool making it fun.

I started playing AC Origins on PC. Game looks pretty sharp and runs really well. Its one of the better ubisoft pc ports in recent memory.

the gameplay and design are more of the same but they revamped the combat system, which was long overdue. While it now plays like a sort of jankier version of Dark Souls, thats still a vast improvement over the automated simon says combat of the previous games.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

I started playing AC Origins on PC. Game looks pretty sharp and runs really well. Its one of the better ubisoft pc ports in recent memory.

the gameplay and design are more of the same but they revamped the combat system, which was long overdue. While it now plays like a sort of jankier version of Dark Souls, thats still a vast improvement over the automated simon says combat of the previous games.

I did too.  I'm currently in the second area and I was going to make a thread about it.  It is indeed a sharp looking game.  The first thing I thought about the combat was that it was kinda like For Honor if anything.  However a 'janky version of Dark Souls' is actually a pretty good description of it.  But yea, it feels MUCH more involved and fun to play than previous ACs.  I'm also really digging the Egyptian setting which has some truly gorgeous looking locations.  Some of the dialog is hilarious for this kind of time period, but I'm not one to let shit like that bother me.

I think the gameplay and movement feel much better than ever.  Even just running around feels nicer and less cumbersome.  I'm glad I decided to pick it up amid all these other games releasing right now.

22 hours ago, roflpwnedz said:

So I think Wolfenstein II's problem is not that it's white-hate propaganda, but that it made this stereotypical strong feminist ANGRY black woman such an important part of the story. Damn, she is truly unlikeable and she isn't supposed to be.

:D:D:D

man. :sad:

• Sad 1

Took a break from Odyssey to check out Mario Rabbids. Game is legit so far, but I only got to the midway boss of the first area.

Wanna get Wolfenstein but my buddy said he'll give it to me when he's finished so I'll just wait. 

12 hours ago, Remij_ said:

I did too.  I'm currently in the second area and I was going to make a thread about it.  It is indeed a sharp looking game.  The first thing I thought about the combat was that it was kinda like For Honor if anything.  However a 'janky version of Dark Souls' is actually a pretty good description of it.  But yea, it feels MUCH more involved and fun to play than previous ACs.  I'm also really digging the Egyptian setting which has some truly gorgeous looking locations.  Some of the dialog is hilarious for this kind of time period, but I'm not one to let shit like that bother me.

I think the gameplay and movement feel much better than ever.  Even just running around feels nicer and less cumbersome.  I'm glad I decided to pick it up amid all these other games releasing right now.

I just hope the story picks up. So far it’s not that interesting