• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Platinum’d this bitch. Now, I can take a break from gaming  

Thought this was funny. If Ubisoft developed Elden Ring:  

remember the time when GD would say souls games is not his type. just reading his posts is so full of excitement. lol it makes me happy 

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

How's everyone progressing?

The amount of mini bosses in this game is actually crazy. Wish there was a way to track how many I've defeated or at least some indicator of an area (catacomb, ruin, etc) being cleared on the map. I feel I've killed 10-15 easily. 

Beat Godrick a while ago and started exploring the area to the north west.  Went back to some places I'd already been to see if I could progress further or defeat enemies I couldn't before.  Constantly finding new things I've missed.

Yea, there's essentially mini-bosses in all of them.. sometimes multiple bosses.

And some of them are complete bullshit :D 

8 minutes ago, Remij said:

Beat Godrick a while ago and started exploring the area to the north west.  Went back to some places I'd already been to see if I could progress further or defeat enemies I couldn't before.  Constantly finding new things I've missed.

Yea, there's essentially mini-bosses in all of them.. sometimes multiple bosses.

And some of them are complete bullshit :D 

Yeah I did the same after Godrick. Went on a full exploration tour and mostly trying to fully clear areas I had previously discovered. The west and north west is still mostly untouched other than the teleportations to specific areas that the game has done to me, but I feel like I've done nearly bloody everything in the starting areas and south. 

I've now also beat the next compulsory boss after Godrick but they're not a main boss of that area yet. Just constantly returning to the open world to explore lol. 

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Godrick's castle is huge, there are so many hidden paths you can find this game will take me forever to finish :scared:

Tell me about it.  When you think you've seen it all and ask how much more there could possibly be... then you find an entire new area that is massive.  It's an amazing feeling.

10 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah I did the same after Godrick. Went on a full exploration tour and mostly trying to fully clear areas I had previously discovered. The west and north west is still mostly untouched other than the teleportations to specific areas that the game has done to me, but I feel like I've done nearly bloody everything in the starting areas and south. 

I've now also beat the next compulsory boss after Godrick but they're not a main boss of that area yet. Just constantly returning to the open world to explore lol. 

Yep.  Basically any time I make some decent progression, like the bigger bosses, I go back to Roundtable and see if anything's changed there, and then go exploring back in previous places to see if anything has changed lol.

Just finding new things all the times.  The various notes and stuff you can buy that give you hints for certain things can be very helpful too.

Just taking it all in :blessed:

Sadly life hasn't been kind to me these past couple years and I dunno when I'll be able to even buy / play Elden Ring, so I've been having my homies stream it and goddamn.....I mean GODDAMN, this game looks like absolute perfection. This is the game we've all been craving as Souls fans :whew:

This game is so fucking MASSIVE, so much to explore, so many bosses / mini bosses, so much customization and combat options, it's honestly mind boggling! 

Jealous of everyone playing this, y'all enjoy :smoke:

• Sad 1

some other quick thoughts after almost 9 hours of gameplay

- Replenishing flasks by defeating groups of the same enemy is a good addition. Makes the game friendlier but also makes it so that you can explore more and not have to worry as much about having to find grace points or fast traveling to a different point when you start running out

- The world is actually a bit livelier than I expected which is nice. Lots of wildlife and enemies patrolling some of the main roads for example.

- Back stabbing is still overly finicky and im not sure why after so long From still hasn't implemented a simple prompt to let you know when you're in the right position. There's more of a stealth focus now so trying to ambush enemies and instead doing a normal attack against them is pretty annoying

- Even by Souls standards im a bit surprised at how vague the game is. Lots of items and systems that aren't explained at all or not explained well. For example the statues, I know they're related to co-op/summoning but im still not sure how exactly.